Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

MT2 18ss Pro's and Con's

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:04 PM
adam98150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT2 18ss Pro's and Con's

What are the pro's and con's of the 18ss? Does it handle better then the jato? Is it easy to "drive"? Can it handle a track? Is it a tough ST? Any useful info on this thing, please post.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:17 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: MT2 18ss Pro's and Con's

the MT2 is a stadium truck, only it's four wheel drive instead of the typical two wheel drive..

as far as handling better than the jato? I'm not sure, but I do know that it drives easy, is forgiving and has handled anything that I've drove it over. Fixing it is a breeze if you do break anything, so far in the 9 months that I've had mine, I've sheared off two arms, due to me hitting a tree, other than that, nothing has broken..

I'd think that the jato will beat it in top end, but probably not in handling.. just my thoughts.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Kemo

its a solid truck. And for bashing purposes, it makes for a wiser choice than the traxxas trucks, xtm truck, or even duratrax. Your main advantage over the rest of the STs is 4wd.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:01 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I assure you it will out handle the Jato 10 to 1! No it will not out run the Jato in a straight line but on a track or a field while the Jato is on its lid or in a wall the MT handles so well you will be driving. All so being 4-wheel drive it will go places a 2-wheel drive will only get stuck. I have a MT 1 Racer that I have had for about 3 years and it now is a MT 1¾. It has held up VERY well with little problems in well over 4 or 5 gallons of fuel run throw it. I have both a 4 and a 2-wheel drive stadium trucks and I hardly drive the 2-wheel drive as the 4-wheel drive handles SO much better! If I got a new 4-wheel drive stadium truck the MT2 SS is the only one I would get as it has all the heavy-duty drive train. They now have about 5 or 6 different manufactures making 4-wheel drive stadium trucks and the HPI MT2 is the best in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:04 PM
xstar

well, the only person i know of that has one has been able to run about 3/4 of a tank in it with out braking anything. In fact, i use to like HPI untill i seen this thing. My friend and i gets together at this track close bye and run every so often, he has a rs4mt 18ss and i have a traxxas sport. For the shart time he is running(about 3/4s of a tank) it runs good. But then he always hits something and it brakes. The last time,he hit a buggy tire laying on the track and broke an a arm,then he had to go(again) but he said he was going to ditch the thing. Not sure if he did or not. Now this is the only one i seen run so im sure there all not like this,but i will say this,its enough for me to know NOT to buy HPI again..
Old 06-21-2006, 06:37 PM
46u

I guess it is like so many things has to do with the end user. Keep in mind you have some people that could tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer. I just ran a ½ gallon throw mine at the track this past Saturday. Look a most Traxxas and if it where not for alloy and RPM parts they would not last a lap. But it’s your money get what ever you want.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Kemo

word up on that. If i look at my tmaxx funny, it breaks.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:49 PM
xstar

There is lemons in all. Just get what you like and hope for the best
Old 06-21-2006, 10:00 PM
46u

Problem is some make way more lemons then others. But go for what you think is best as you are the one that will have to live with it. I do wish you luck and I am sure what ever you get you will have fun. One more thing no one makes one that never breaks!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:18 AM
adam98150

Thanks for the advice, ill go with the jato because of the speed.