Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
twoca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas nitro sport se engine help

hi all
i have a problem with starting my trx.15 engine
when i press the button on the ez start the engine spins but will not fire up
and the Exhaust fills up with unburnt fuel when i empty the fuel out of the exhaust it is black in coulor and full of what looks like metal dust it's also leaking fuel from the ez start cover
dose this mean i need a new engine or can this problem be fixed
if i need a new engine what is a good replacement to get
or can i convert it to run on a electric motor and what parts will i need to convert it
many thaks
twoca
Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Frank88888888

Default RE: traxxas nitro sport se engine help

Have you ran the engine before or is this the first time, also it sounds like it might be the glow plug. You most likely wont need a new engine most times when a engine breaks its fixable.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
125cchyperman

Trx engine have always taken forever and a half to start. Try another glow plug and go from there. Also the black color fuel that is running from your exhaust is common on traxxas vehicles. Because they use that stupid exhaust baffle inside the exhaust pipe. It is common with these pipe because it traps the fuel in there and it cant get out for quite a while. You can get rid of the exhaust baffle if you want. Just teake the pipe off the vehicle. Take off the exhaust pipe hanger thats on the end of the pipe. Then take a phillips screw driver and insert in the header end. There is a phillips head bolt in there and after you take that out you can pull the pipe apart. Then there will be the baffle in there and you canjust simple take it out and reassemble.

As for the fuel that is leaking from the ez start cover this is also normal with certain fuels. I use to have this same problem when I ran Blue Thunder fuel. I then switched to a fuel with less oil content and problem fixed. I dont know if you want to change fuel or anything but that did help me out with this problem. I would not worry about the fuel thats cooming form the ez-start plate or the exhaust. It's normal Dont worry about it.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:55 PM
twoca

yes i have ran the engine it has had about 1/2 gallon of model technics fuel run through it but i have just started to use tornado 16% fuel and i put a new traxxas glow plug part number 3231
in it this morning but i still cant get it to fire up
Old 08-09-2006, 02:40 PM
125cchyperman

When switching to a new fuel things can get tricky. First off you will have to put all the needles back to the factory setting. Then if it runs you will need to tune it fromt here to your performance liking's. But there is the other scenario that mabe your engine no matter what you try and do will run on that fuel. Some engine are picky on what they run. I had an engine just like this, I switched fuels on it and no matter what I did it would not run on the fuel. As soon as I switched back to the other fuel it ran like a champ then tried to run the other fuel again since I had so much left over. It was a no go, no matter what I did it would not go. You may just have a picky engine.

But first try and put all the needle setting back to factory setting and go from there. Yu can also try giving it some throttle when trying to start it up. But do not go past 1/4 throttle as any more may do more harm then good. Make sure the gloe igniter battery is good also. You may either need to put a new battery in it or just charge the one you have in it.