Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

good rc for under 300?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: good rc for under 300?

come on now, getting the point across that we have already owned a nitro rustler to some users is like

Old 01-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Banana Turbo
Banned

ThunderbirdJunkie,

Sorry but your wrong in 2 stroke engines the oil mixes with the fuel. So you will see lot's of smoke.
It is a fair to say that what you can see coming directly out of the exhaust on a nitro car regardless of the weather is exhaust fumes. Any hot air would of come from the engine.
On 1:1 cars Water gives off steam once it gets close to boiling. Most cars work at about around 90 degrees and go up to around 110 degrees this takes time though.So its also fair to say what you see coming out of the exhaust are exhaust gasses.
Like Blackfoot said when its cold the air is thicker which holds the exhaust fumes together making it look thicker than when running in the summer where the air is thinner the gasses to escape more freely.

As the car heats up it becomes more effcient and burns more of the fuel thats why after a while on a 1:1 car even in some on the coldest conditions you can no longer see the exhaust.

Black foot.

Still looks icey to me.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 PM
nitro-slug

kemo stop talking compleat and utter bullsh*t i know your a 5 year old but that dosnt exsuse you. pre98zetec is right about everything he has said and you well frankly are wrong i had a nitro sport fitted with an os.18 did that ever strip the tranny i dont think so. so heres my sugestion why dont you go back to school and come back here when you have learnt somthing prefeablty how to exsept your wrong
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Kemo

well when you graduate to a quality rc vehicle, you can get back to me. After reading your posts about superchargers, I now know that you are definitely uninformed.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Kemo knows more about RC cars and trucks then most will ever know! He is one of the very few on this form that does. [X(]
Old 01-22-2007, 04:05 PM
nitro-slug

kemo knows about as much as this keyboard i'm using and as for the superchargers i live in england and there not availble over here so i wouldnt know much about them would i dumarzz and as for graduate to a quailty rc car i think not i have several rc my personal favoret is of course my revo which woops but were ever i go. kemo is just a jelose baby that cant get a traxxas that why he rips them so much
Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 PM
dude7422

hi all here is my 2cents trassax imo used 40 % or 50% nitro fuel to get these hp. ratings and speed and ball diffs do hold up its the plastic diff gear that gives out that is why RRP makes a hard anodized diff gear for the RC10GT[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] hpi hellfire looks sweet
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: 46u

Kemo knows more about RC cars and trucks then most will ever know! He is one of the very few on this form that does. [X(]

you are way too kind. But for those of us who have gone to school for engines and diesel know that one of the ONLY efficient ways to force air on a 2 cycle is if the engine has an exhaust valve. You can find 2 cycle turbo diesels, but they have an exhaust valve.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 PM
[email protected]

I say go for the xtm xcellerator................... only 200$ and I've seen it run, and great for the $. Xtm has a great reputation with engines, and this one comes with a .18 . Also, it has CVD's out of the box, and the truck only cotsts 200$. With the $ you save, you could buy a few upgrades like a pipe, rechargeable humpack, some diff oil, spare tires, couple spair parts....... my 2 cents
Old 01-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Kemo

he ended up gettin the firestorm
Old 01-22-2007, 11:29 PM
[email protected]

o... i guess i didnt follow up.......lol....... the HPI wouldve been my 2nd choice....... probably easier to get parts for over the xtm anyway and its only $50 more
Old 01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Kemo

ORIGINAL: 46u

you are way too kind. But for those of us who have gone to school for engines and diesel know that one of the ONLY efficient ways to force air on a 2 cycle is if the engine has an exhaust valve. You can find 2 cycle turbo diesels, but they have an exhaust valve.
Kemo I agree!
I have all ready raised 3 children and I am not going to raise any more. I probably was reading about engines long before most where even a gleam in their daddy’s eyes.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Kemo

whoops, that was a mixed reply i made.

"But for those of us who have gone to school for engines and diesel know that one of the ONLY efficient ways to force air on a 2 cycle is if the engine has an exhaust valve. You can find 2 cycle turbo diesels, but they have an exhaust valve." was back at nitro-slug.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:52 AM
Ewanni

I got the mentioned XTM X-Cellerator as my first nitro rc car this week. I got through the break in and a little frustration. The store manager tunes people's first cars for them and he did that. It runs perfectly. I broke a ball stud when the car skidded and hit my foot. I broke another ball studd probably because I tightened it too much on the new mount. Fixed again and finally, I can run it tank after tank. I'm having fun with it!

It's only $200 like he said. But if it's your first nitro vehicle, you'll spend some more. There's the nitro fuel, glow plugs, that t wrench thing, starter battery, glow plug starter wire, after engine oil(very important), and I suggest an extra supply of screws, nuts, and wahsers. Plus the products you'll need to clean it. If it's your first, set aside at least $300, more if you're getting tires for the street. Great vehicle to learn how rc engines work and when it runs, it's not too loud.