Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

!!!!Tricks Of THE TRADE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:44 PM
SENMERI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!Tricks Of THE TRADE!!!!

First and formost i would like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way with new rc car!!!! (ALLABOUTFUNHOBBIES)
WITHOUT YOU GUYS US NOOBIES WOULD BE IN THE WEEDS!!!!

But, I would like to know your Tricks or Trade STARTING your rc, or even Something you did to your truck that might help out others... Me being new i would just turn on the truck place it on top of a stool and then try and start it... Would there be an easier technique or techniquessssssss That you guy can share with me.. Not only starting the rc but doing other things....

Thanks for your responsessss...
Old 01-26-2007, 04:48 PM
125cchyperman

Default RE: !!!!Tricks Of THE TRADE!!!!

Well when you try and start it primming the engine is almost a must, take your finger and place it over the exhaust stinger and pull the starter cord until you can see fuel reach the carb then place the glow igniter on and I usually let it sit for a second or two then I try and start it. Now I have a starter box so all of this goes extremely smooth and fast. I recommend always have at least a extra glow plug on hand, and if you buy your fuel in gallons I always have a quart fuel bottle near by. I use the fuel in the quart bottle I then fill the quart bottle back up with the fuel from the gallon so I dont have to open the gallon jug up several times a day. This helps prevent derbee from getting into the gallon jug. I also suggest getting a in line fuel filter as this will help catch debree that gest through the bronze stone filter thats in the fuel tank. Use good quality fuel and always trun on your transmitter, and your trucks reciever before you start the engine. Also a throttle return spring is also a good idea, incase of a run away, now this wont protect against radio interference but it will protect against low battery or if your battery case breaks off (if it's a rear mounted battery box) it will bring the truck down to a idle.

And the most important thing is to have fun as this is a hobby, and hobby's are meant to be fun so have a ton of fun. If I think of any more I will get back
Old 01-26-2007, 05:32 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Starting depends on what RC you have. What model is it?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Kemo

i'm assuming its a 1/10 scale redcat racing car or truck [:@]
Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the "[:@]". They have good products from what I've hear.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Kemo

the 1/10th vehicles are pure junk
Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 PM
kuhndog599

all you do is bash bash bash.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Kemo

no man, thats the honest to god truth. their 1/8 vehicles are tons better. I've got one
Old 01-27-2007, 01:37 PM
SENMERI

Yeah i have a 1/10 scale truck... Basically i have seen people put there foot in front of there truck and then gentle give it some throttle...How long do you guys keep the glow plug starter on your truck before you actually try and start it..I have heard the throttle control on the radio should be turned up alittle bit?? ... My basic question would be your style of starting your nitro... Or Even Some other things that people might find interesting On what or how you do it...

And sorry about haveing a 1/10 scale truck superman... I guess you are too cool... remember people have there own preference...

Thank you for your comments everyone!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:24 PM
125cchyperman

I usually just give it a little throttle when trying to start it, but if you want to adjust your throttle trim then go ahead just remeber to set it back after wards. As I said I usually just keep the igniter on for a second or two before I try and start it up. But I dont have to deal with a pull start as I just slap it on the box starter and just go at it. So my starting method is a little different then yours, but I have done my fare share of yanking on the pull starter though.