Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3 any good

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
paulino966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3 any good

how reliable is the jato 3.3 all around,the good and the bads looking to purchase one.how good is it in the track with jumps.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
bte214

Default RE: Jato 3.3 any good

If you are going to the track or racing get a gt or xxx-nt. If you want to bash and go fast get the jato.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
angus67

Yea, I dont race my jato, but I can deffinately see that its overpowered for racing, unless its a BIG track, and the brakes on these are minimal, even when "fixed" Pretty good basher though, I have A2.5 and friend has 3.3. both are awesome bashers, but replace the stock tires, the anacondas suk, I think the 2.5 type tires are way better, and they arnt that good either. put 2.2 rims, and some kind of tire with a close aggresive tread patern, or a monster truck type tire. rpm a-arms, stauy away from alum. Ive ran into things that the stock arms would have snapped just glancing a curb, Ive smacked nearley head on curbs, walls, people, car tires, and have been just amazed that the rpm arms havnt snapped. A deffinate must have off the bat. good luck
Old 02-13-2007, 11:30 PM
125cchyperman

As said if your want to race then no the Jato is not the best choice, but if you just want to bash, go fast and in stright lines then yeah it's a good truck for that.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:41 AM
paulino966

thanks for the input guys.anymore is welcomed i will do more research on it
Old 02-14-2007, 02:30 AM
tgwolfwood1981

Im not a racer, just love going out and enjoying my jato. if your looking for a rc that is for bashing and just an all out blast the jato is perfect. except for the wheel/tire combo. the 2.8 would be a good wheel for the jato, but no one makes tires for that size, except for traxxas. I love traxxas and all, but their tires suck royally. I tried the 2.2 wheels and i really didn't like them for the jato. with this amount of power tires on that small of a rim is retarded to say the least. i have since gone to a 1/8 scale buggy wheel with the use of a 17mm hub conversion. Im using the ofna wheels and ofna slicks. this thing now handles like a dream. the bigger tires make a huge difference. other than the wheel/tire issue the jato is a riot. hope this helps.

P.S. my friend has an ofna mbx comp with a 2 speed and a force .32. before i got my jato he kept telling me that he was going to whoop my ass in a race from a roll. and to be honest i wasn't denying it. after i broke in a new trx 3.3 and put the buggie wheels on it turned out that he was in for a surprise. my jato pops wheelies when going into 2nd. it was great passing him while doing a wheelie....lol now he is ordering a jato!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 05:38 AM
dannthenitroman

hmm, i think the 2.2 size is a good size, the 2.8 tyres have the same external diametre anyway so whats the diff other than sidewall?? and sidewall flex is needed.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 AM
tgwolfwood1981

how can you say that 2.2 and 2.8 tires have the same outer diameter? you might as well say that all 2.2 tires have the same outer diameter. which they don't, you have lower profile on road tires, off road tires, slicks, etc. they all have different outer diameters. if you take for instance an on road tire for a 2.2 like a the pro line striker and a mud tire for the same wheel like imex G hawgs the difference is about an inch and a half. so again with like type tires on a 2.2 and a 2.8 the 2.8 will be bigger and consequently have a larger tire patch contacting the groud. Giving you more control and a higher top speed. For this same reason is why i went to 1/8 scale buggie wheels.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:43 AM
dannthenitroman

a standard 2.2 tyres is almost the same as the low profile 2.8 tyres on a jato. i understand the contact patch concept, but they have small tyres for a reason, this is the racing class rules. they are also 2wd for this reason, thats why they arent 4wd its all to make it harder and more enjoyable to drive.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
tgwolfwood1981

I don't know the designers personally so i can't say exactly why they aren't 4wd, but my guess was because they were going for speed. thats all this truck is about. as far as racing class rules....this truck was never intended for class racing. hence the 2.8 wheels, .20 engine, and 2 speed transmission. those three differences alone make it ROAR illegal.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 PM
dannthenitroman

i understand this, but if they never intended it to go near a track they wouldnt have made it legal width length or put 2.2 width tyres on it would they. if it were speed only then they wold have iven it a much bigger footprint and wider tyres. but they built the chassis within the legal specs, clearly showing it is a stadium truck where my above rues apply, no 4wd and 'skinny' (by scale 20 inches wide...) tyres to make it difficult to drive.

Dann