Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

schumacher riot-going to get it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
birel19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default schumacher riot-going to get it!

Im going to get the new schumacher riot in april when it comes out[X(]. Do you think it will be a fair race between it and a rusty[:-]? The rusty does 45+ stock and the riot needs a 3spd to reach 50 but will it be a good race on a track? How will the riot be better in some areas than the rusty and vise-versa? Tell me what you think!! I am going to get the artr so what would be a good budget electrinic package- Im going artr because the schumacher electronics look a bit sketchy Please make ANY comments on either car

http://www.schumacher-rc.com/product...roducts_id/834
Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
nik77356

Default RE: schumacher riot-going to get it!

ive heard that schumacher should just stick to making stupid fast basher vehicles. so if your looking to race i wouldnt even get the rusty. i would get something like the rc10gt2, losi xxx-nt, or traxxas jato
Old 02-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Snaut Rocket

you cant race with a traxxas jato. your better off with a rusty than a jato
Old 02-14-2007, 08:53 PM
birel19

My brother has a rusty So I was just comapring the two. How do you think the riot will be for bashing and a little racing three times a year? Tell me about what you think
Old 02-14-2007, 10:00 PM
125cchyperman

Schumacher's are hard to get parts for, if your want to race and your only looking at those two then I would go for the Rusty, but if you are willing to look at other vehicles I would say take a nice good hard look at the Team Losi xxx-nt (has a nice radio and electronics for a RTR) and the Team Associated GT2
Old 02-15-2007, 07:42 AM
birel19

Ill be doing mosty bashing, and the schumacher riot has extra ground clearance with 1/8 wheels and looks extra beefy, are any of the trucks you mentioned good bashers that would give me a good chance against a stoock rusy?

Are Rusty's THAT good, cause my brother has one. I can can beat him with a slower car though
Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 AM
125cchyperman

The xxx-nt and the rc10gt's are good as bashers, although you cant take them in grass thats really high, but as long as the grass isnt to considerably hihg it's does pretty good. There both reliable as both racers(especially as a racer) and as bashers there both pretty tough as long as you do not hit a tree going as fast as possible. They handle awesome, there the best two racers as far as ST's, but there just as good as bashers. They both have a ton of hop-ups but not quite as many as the rusty does. But they will woop a rusty any day in a race thats done on a track, now they dont have as much to speed as the rusty does. As traxxas makes rc's that are pretty fast, as thats what a lot of people that are getting into the rc scene look at first is how fast can it go. But the xxx-nt and rc10gt are more suited to the track then a rusty is, but there both great bashers though.

But if you trully like the schumacher then go ahead and get it. This hobby is to have fun and you can get what you want, not I have never drivenm a schumacher but know that getting parts for them can be hard and a lot of LHS's dont carry there parts. Thats a big thing, there's nothing worse then waiting for 2 or 3 weeks for a spare a-arm when you could have gotten the xxx-nt or rc10gt and break an a-arm and go to just about any real LHS and get a spare arm for them.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
bennytheblade

If handling and racing is important, I would go elsewhere.
If your looking for a good basher, I think either one would be a good choice (my opinion).
Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
kemp2906

the riot looks like a piece of weedy crap

and why cant the jato go on a track
Old 02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
125cchyperman

The Jato can go on a track it just doesnt handle as well as a xxx-nt or a rc10gt does. It's faster though in top speed but, it just doesnt handle as good as those two do on a track. But other then that, and sactioned races there's no reason that you cant race a Jato in a race.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:15 PM
wyd

ORIGINAL: 125cchyperman

Schumacher's are hard to get parts for, if your want to race and your only looking at those two then I would go for the Rusty, but if you are willing to look at other vehicles I would say take a nice good hard look at the Team Losi xxx-nt (has a nice radio and electronics for a RTR) and the Team Associated GT2
Parts are only hard to get if you don't know how to use a telephone to call Schumacher to place an order. Just call them and Shawn or Adam will answer all your questions. Also your local shop can order them as well thru Schumacher.

Always gets me when people say parts are hard to get. People never mind order other stuff off the internet or phone so wish is ordering R/C parts so hard.[&:]

Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
scottywilkes

u cant race a jato because its not legal, its got a 2 speed which isnt legal, its got a .20 motor which isnt legal etc, u would have to convert to single speed, and get a race legal 12 for it to be able to race