Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Buying a 10 scale

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Hossbog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a 10 scale

I want to buy a 10 scale stadium truck. I am debating the RC10gt or the XXXNT. I thought about a Jato, but I dont really like traxxas. The only reason why I say that is because I had a piese of crap T max, and it was always broken. The other reason why I dont like traxxas is because at my local hobby shop, in the back, there is nothing but Traxxas vehicals being fixed. What do you guys think. I am experienced with Nitro, Jato, RC10gt, or the XXXNT?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 AM
xenergyx

Default RE: Buying a 10 scale

Personally, I would stay away from the Jato because of the ez start system. Me and my friend have had the worst time with this starting system on his Revo. Its frustrating when the EZ motor is too weak to turn the engine over and you have to spin the flywheel with your fingers. We cant get the EZ start to light his glow plug enough anymore either, every time lately we've needed a separate heater to get it started. As cool as it would be to have a 60 mph truck I wouldn't want something so complicated.

Between the GT (I'm assuming you mean the GT2 or maybe you know where to still get the old GTs) and the XXX-nt, they are real similar.

RTR I'd say the XXX-nt just on the fact that its got an apparently better rear exhaust engine.

The GT2 and XXX-NT AD2 kits are about $100 away from each other more or less... You definitely have some nicer features on the XXX-nt (like front to rear rotatable wheels for one). Basically the same gear ratio... Basically the same truck. The xxx-nt being more customizable could probably be built to almost the same specs of the GT2..

And think too, you wont want to buy something that you cant easily get parts for...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
jasytosy

the is no way complicated and the easy start is great dont know what you and your friend did to it. id go for the jato
Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 PM
rclynx

GT GT GT or a GT
Old 03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
RCCanuck

I have 2 ez starts and I luv em...the only time they fail me is when I'm dumb enough to forget to charge the battery....so much better than the rotostart HPI system.......IMHO..

get a Jato and leave all those other trucks in your rooster tail of dirt
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
duckedup

I never had any problems with my easy start either...

If you're just bashing, I'd go with a Jato.. mine was a blast and it hauled *****, and that was just the 2.5 (pics in my gallery).. I got rid of it after getting into MT's, I thought I'd never use it and sold it - I've been kicking myself over that one lately, it was fun and didn't give me too many problems ('cept the dam top plate).. I would buy another one, but I just got a RC10GT in trade, so I'm gonna' check that out for now....
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 PM
125cchyperman

Go to your LHS and see what truck they carry the most spare parts for. If they carry a ton of Team Losi and little of Associated parts then Team Losi would have to be the obviouse choice and vise versa. There's nothing worse then having a ne truck and you break an A-arm and you have to wait 3 to 4 weeks for them to order some in.

But if they carry parts for each truck equally then I would have to go with the xxx-nt. Just a much better radio and the GT2 looks a lot like the xxx-nt does. I think Team associated had a xxx-nt in front of them when they where designing the GT2. But thats just my opinion.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 AM
dannthenitroman

No i agree, they definately did, line the chassis' up and take a look.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
planetwister
My Feedback: (17)

XXX-NT!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Hack u 2

If you want to learn how to fix broken parts get a traxxas.If you want to drive and have fun go with GT2. I beat the hell out of mine. I love it. As far as traxxis being in the back of the hobby store, thats mostly because they market to newbies. Most people who buy RTR traxxas can not fix them! I believe there is more proffit margine in traxxas vehicles for the hobby stores. That is why every one has so many and pushes so hard to sell them.$$$$$$$$[:@] I can say this... as much as I dislike traxxas they have done well with the REVO 3.3.