Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Soon To Be The Fastest Jato On RCU!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Soon To Be The Fastest Jato On RCU!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:05 AM
mishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Soon To Be The Fastest Jato On RCU!!!!!

Long chasses will make Jato more controlable truck at top-end speed
Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mishal Long chasses will make Jato more controlable truck at top-end speed
yea ofcourse but I lacked the intrest to fabrcate a chassis im sure some one else will try something similar soon
Old 11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
jatoracing33

you didnt need to fabricate one. new era makes a bb kit with an extended chassis and i think on ebay i say a hot bodies(?) jato bb kit with ex. chassis
Old 11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
scottywilkes

slapping an engine, and alloy arms dosnt make a car do 80mph mate. Especially on a 4wd ST, theres just to much driveline resistance, plus the fact that the MT2 is quite a heavy truck. What gearing are u running?

Another fella had a thread called RS4 MT2 jato killer, he had a 18TZ, Alot of lightened parts, the 2 speed, different gearing changes, THS tuned pipe etc and could only get in the 60s.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:14 PM
FlyingHigh 400
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

slapping an engine, and alloy arms dosnt make a car do 80mph mate. Especially on a 4wd ST, theres just to much driveline resistance, plus the fact that the MT2 is quite a heavy truck. What gearing are u running?

Another fella had a thread called RS4 MT2 jato killer, he had a 18TZ, Alot of lightened parts, the 2 speed, different gearing changes, THS tuned pipe etc and could only get in the 60s.
im not your mate and stop following me around mr.know it all
Old 11-17-2007, 05:35 PM
jatoracing33

jato is 2wd and a big block has more torque than the tz (although the tz has alot for a small block)
Old 11-17-2007, 06:01 PM
scottywilkes

if u looked at his pics, the fella has a RS4MT2, he said does 80mph, i was stating that throwing a TZ into a MT2 and basically calling it a day wont get u to 80mph, at most about 60mph

Im not following u around mate, i hang around the ST area as i have a ST, much the same as u have a ST, i roam the ST, MT, Onroad, Electric and Mini forum as i have RCs in these areas. So no im not following u around LOL

Il call u mate if u want to lol, im australian its part of our way LOL
Old 11-17-2007, 06:02 PM
scottywilkes

and mate im not a know it all, i am merely stating facts, if stating facts makes a person a know it all then so be it.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
jatoracing33

uh...well, this is about a jato, not his car. he was just giving an example and what you did wasnt nessesary and off topic.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:07 PM
scottywilkes

Hey miamiz im a avid watcher of all your projects as some of them are amaizing, to bad the jato didnt work out, im sure if u put the work into the jato that u do some of your other RCs it would be a weapon. Are u still gonna sell the chassis or are u goin to continue with the project?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
motorhead91

i think it would work, you just need a really high grip surface, and a lot more downforce, do you have a buggy wing on the back?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Well guys........this is my final report on my jato.........

yesturday i tryed out the tallest gearing i could possibably use and still this thing came out of the whole like a beast but in the end the motor is way to much for the jato... i tryed everything to get this thing to work right i played with the suspention, cambers, 2nd gear timing weight in the front ripped out the wing ect..........the main problem i had was the fact that no matter how slow i eased into the gas once the motor would open up a little ove HALF WOT all of a suddent it was a huge BURST and the motor would start screaming after that it was imposable to get the rear tires to hook onto the ground, it would take for ever to pick up speed becuase i couldnt floor it i needed a big roll out and still i couldnt control it i dout i was able to break 60 MPH with out looseing control off the car and honestly i was pist off that i couldnt control it i was litterally banging the jato all over the place and i was worried about the motor and pipe geting damage......finally the LAST AND FINAL STRAW was when i lost control and ramed into my friends little pit area and crashed into his brand new bottel of OD fuel........as you can image the bottle basical blew up............in the crash some how the hump pack wire for slashed and the hump back started geting nice and fat and i had to rip it off and watch it blow up a few feet away......and my rear shock tower broke...........i havent broken a part or crashed on any of my 17 cars in the past 6 months.........i was REALLY PIST........bascialy on the spot i ripped my motor,reciver,and servos out and try to sell the jato on the spot LOL (failed tho i still have it) i also ripped out all that upgraded breaking and aluminum servo horn and gave it to the guy whos bottle i crashed into (he has a jato to and at the begin of the night was asking me where i got it) i felt bad his 30 bucks whent downt he drain so i gave him those parts and i kept his stock ones (i think that was the right thing to do he was happy)

i can honestly say this project was a complete waste of time, ive built some fast freaking cars before but this one REALLY REALLY SUCKED becuase in the end the motor was just to much for the car RWD just wasnt working, if it was 4WD it would have bein perfect

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.........

BTW the car is going on ebay rolling chassis....so for u ebay surfers ull see it there soon
that sucks,how did you have the chassis set up(shock oil,a-arms level with the chassis ect..?).the first car i built for speed was a 2.5r rustler.i had a tune pipe,boost bottle,clutch bell and spur gear(cant remember what size),90w shock oil in the back and 60w up front and i got 68mph out of it be-4 it started to lift and flip.with the motor you have that thing should rock.dont give up on it yet.play with the chassis a little and take the wing off the front and add some weight.in a way the wing will help keep the front down but will hold it back too..
Old 11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

i think it would work, you just need a really high grip surface, and a lot more downforce, do you have a buggy wing on the back?
i agree but i think a buggy wing would be too much,it would cause it to have too much down force on the back and the front would come up easyer.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
motorhead91

it would be like a top fuel rail....it would need an adjustable wheelie bar, one that you could have the tires riding the ground
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

it would be like a top fuel rail....it would need an adjustable wheelie bar, one that you could have the tires riding the ground
hell yea,a wheelie bar should work nice.i hope he didnt ripp it apart so he could try a few other things.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:06 PM
motorhead91

yea...if i had the money i would be trying to make it work
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 PM
FlyingHigh 400

sorry for going off topic but how do i down size this pic so i can upload it for my avatar
Old 11-18-2007, 01:31 AM
MiamizFinest

Hey miamiz im a avid watcher of all your projects as some of them are amaizing, to bad the jato didnt work out, im sure if u put the work into the jato that u do some of your other RCs it would be a weapon. Are u still gonna sell the chassis or are u goin to continue with the project?

the jato is going BYE BYE ima list it sunday night.........

now i have a ninja 21 lieing around and im still not sure what im going to do with it (not selling it ofcrouse) im thinking of my next project i just dont know what chassis i wanna mess with
Old 11-18-2007, 04:48 AM
scottywilkes

gotto love them ninjas, mates got 1 in his Hyper 8 kit, frieking insane, hes got it geared mainly for low end, but the top end is still amaizing. Only problem with his is, it does not like to sit still for long, u cant really let it idle for long, it just dies. I keep telling him its lean, as its idles in that high pitch whinning kinda idle if u know what i mean? But he insists its not, so what ever its his motor LOL. Hope u find a chassis worthy of this great motor

Maybe a menace 4x4 ST? HEHE[>:]
Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Can you tell me what my ratio is then with a 2.60:1 tranny ratio and a 24/54 tooth combo and a 36000 rpm motor. I didnt have the best of luck but thanks for your imput.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 PM
MiamizFinest

gotto love them ninjas, mates got 1 in his Hyper 8 kit, frieking insane, hes got it geared mainly for low end, but the top end is still amaizing. Only problem with his is, it does not like to sit still for long, u cant really let it idle for long, it just dies. I keep telling him its lean, as its idles in that high pitch whinning kinda idle if u know what i mean? But he insists its not, so what ever its his motor LOL. Hope u find a chassis worthy of this great motor

Maybe a menace 4x4 ST? HEHE[>:]
his motor is lean big time.........the ninja is very VERY easy to lean it out to much the needles are very tricky on the motor..........even properly tuned it wont idle for long.......line will load up in about 30 or 50 seconds........but it will jsut bog out it wouldnt wind up..........

im thinking about that next kyosho 1/10 truggy.......
Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 PM
rc-junky007

thats to bad it didnt work out
Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Oliver_Klozov

Can you tell me what my ratio is then with a 2.60:1 tranny ratio and a 24/54 tooth combo and a 36000 rpm motor. I didnt have the best of luck but thanks for your imput.

Are you stock behind the spur gear, I mean the only gearing changes you have made is to the clutchbell/spur?? What is the height of your tires??
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Snaut Rocket

hey miami can you post a link to the jato your selling.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
MiamizFinest

yea sure it wont last much tho it will probably get deleted..........i didnt list it tho ima replace the rear sock tower and im waiting on the shipping........ill post some pics of the rolling chassis for the hell of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.