Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato 3.3

Old 07-21-2007, 01:47 AM
BXMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato 3.3

hey guys.

Well I haven't been messing with the jato to much but i finally got it back and i've been having a little problem. I know it must be the tune but im just having a problem getting a spot that will keep it running. I started with factory settings4 turns out on the high flush with ring low and 1 mm out idel , but it just wont stay running my glowplug is fairly new i changed it last time i ran it the gas is a year old but its been in a cool dark place under my desk. I think it might have to do with the gas because ive gotten the jato to have good power tuned it so it wont stop weeling but ill have to constantly tap the gas so it wont shut off i checked the temp it was at 160 i know very low but leaned it but it didnt seem to help much if not at all it was about 78 maybe low 80s this jato when new always ran at about 220 in 95 degrees so i know it likes to be ran a little cooler i bought it last summer i ran about a gallon and maybe a quart through it. its always ran good but since my glow starter broke ive been having alot of trouble keeping it on i tried tuning it for 2 hours today it didnt seem to change anything. im running barron race fuel and also have a quart of traxxas fuel. im using the spectrum 2.0 with it with the throttle at 30 i think thats mid way well thats about all the detail i could tell but if yous can give some pointers on what i might be overlooking. oh and it dont choke neither it usually just shuts off well thanks
Old 07-21-2007, 05:51 AM
jasytosy

Default RE: jato 3.3

sounds like your idles too low, turn it clockwise a bit and see what happens.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:20 PM
chetrickerman

it also sounds like your running too cold of a glow plug, use an O.S. LC3 long reach, that is prolly the best one, because it will keep you engine plenty hot and you wont loose compression from having a short glow plug
Old 07-22-2007, 01:48 AM
BXMaxx

im guessing it might be the plug i really want to work this out by myself and with you guys bc i could bring it to my lhs bc i know the guy and he will fix it and tune it for free but i want to learn but its confusing lol i tried again today i put the idel up more but it still shuts off so im going to try a new plug and see how that works thanks guys
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 AM
BXMaxx

but does the glowplug really make that much of a difference? and um im not a complete noob its just i been away for a while so im very rusty lol thanks guys
Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 AM
twomanytoys

A plug makes a huge difference in how it runs. With the 3.3 you need a hot plug.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 AM
chetrickerman

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

A plug makes a huge difference in how it runs. With the 3.3 you need a hot plug.
it has to be long and hot, haha, but seriously
Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 PM
BXMaxx

lol o wow thanks for the info im going to buy one over the weekend and see how it goes. im really hoping to getting it running soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
jatoracing33

i use traxxas super duty #3232X and it works fine
Old 07-24-2007, 05:31 AM
BXMaxx

yeah that plug worked great for the first gallon ill say and after that i been using os plugs but they seem to be burning out pretty quick or they just not working. i had one it was an os but i dont know the number i needed to use my glow starter but that was the best plug i never had a problem with it untill my glow starter got messed up[:@]
Old 07-28-2007, 05:20 PM
BXMaxx

well im back with some good news i tried the jato for one last time before i changed the plug and i got it to work i raised the idle a bit and i leaned the high and low speed needles and its running like a champ. i never noticed really how powerful that motor is in this little truck the jato would wheelie every time i tap the throttle i even managed to rip the pack of the body off lol. also i got to test exactly how good it is onroad and how strong it is i cant tell u how many times ive flipped it or crached into a car tire or fence or the truck cartwheeling into things like trees and stuff and the only thing that broke was the body and a body clip lol im actually real glad i got to finall get it to run without bringin it in thanks guys for your help
Old 07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
nothinbetr2do

glad to hear your having fun, next