Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Race Rubber?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
flomofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Rubber?

Just wondering what type of dirt you run on for racing and which rubber has served you best.

I just got an ad2 and finally hit the track the other day and it was awesome except I need to start getting my truck dialed in and was going to buy another set of stock step pin tires on ebay for 20 bucks. They cam with the qc wheels and the stock step pin rear and losi directional up front.

Also is the (m2 or m3?) proline and other rubber worth the extra cost?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Race Rubber?

Well if would help to know what the track surface is like you run on! M 2 is soft and M3 is super soft. I run on hard pack Georgia Red Clay and I like M3 Bow Ties most of the time. I run M2 as well, Crime Fighters M2, M3 and Panther Komodo Dragon 2 soft and Super Soft. Just depends on what is hooking up at the time. Most racers have MANY sets of tires ready to run as you never know till you run what will work best.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 PM
ben805

I bought three sets of tires last week, Road Rage II for onroad, Dirt hawg for off road and grass, and Moar for rocky stuff.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 PM
All The Way

Not many proline tires work to well... mostly I run Losi tires. The only Proline tires I use are Holeshots squarefuzzie and bowties once and a while.
Losi I've used everything from taper pins to step pins... I think t bones are the only tire I haven't used.

Don't use dirtworks, dirthawgs, moabs, or glators for racing
Old 07-29-2007, 01:45 AM
flomofo

might be running at different tracks so just seeing what people run on themselves and what they have liked the most for that surface, mine is is usually mostly smooth but not too hard as its raked once in a great while and watered periodically.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
tistheman7

the best tire i raced with is bowties, if the track isnt real soft. i love em but they were out kinda fast