Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Firestorm 10T good and bads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:32 AM
NitroNate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm 10T good and bads?

Hi all, this is my first post and I have my heart set on getting the HPI Firestorm 10t for my birthday.Could anyone give me the good and the bads of this truck?Thanks(I know one thing all ready......The thing is REALLY tough[>:].)
Old 07-31-2007, 09:08 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Firestorm 10T good and bads?

Welcome to the forum!
Try a search as there is at least 3 or 4 post on the Firestorm just on the first page. What I do before posting a question is do a search and skim some of the post all ready posted.
Good luck and have fun.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: 46u

Welcome to the forum!
Try a search as there is at least 3 or 4 post on the Firestorm just on the first page. What I do before posting a question is do a search and skim some of the post all ready posted.
Good luck and have fun.
Thanks.I tried the search but didnt find anything about goods and badsso I guess this forum is still open for replies.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Austin Esh

I think two good things about the firestorm are speed and power.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
grbxtony

i really cant find anybads...lol thats good...i almost got one but i went with the mt2 cause of 4wd but for you thats a great truck. good luck and have fun!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 AM
firetin

I orderd a firestorm 10t last week and it should be here anytime. (overall I think it was a good by)
Old 08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
keepontruckin

Firestorms are great STs i literally beat the living hell out of it all the time and it keeps coming back for more!

(i am still waiting to break something, to find out what the weak spot is...if there is one that is)
Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
sapper ion

Goods:
Durability- This thing is strong. I have hit a curb at WOT and nothing broke.
Speed - For a starter this thing rips, especially if you go with the 21 tooth clutch.
RTR- Besides a few items this is truely ready to run out of the box

Bad
As said before. Look at spending around another 50-100 dollars to get the truck running "Especially if this your first truck"

Servos - As you will find through out this forum people have a lot to say about the stearing. Most of it is how to get it to turn faster. The servos are very weak, and one upgrade I would work towards getting.

Shocks- Allthough they seem to be a decent setup from the box "Not Idea but will work" I have noticed that the bottom shock cap likes to fly off a couple of times.

Neutral

Pending on how patient you are the rope start is good, but if you are like me and tend to yank the thing too far out switch to a Roto Start "Probably your first upgrade"

The radio is an AM which isnt too big of a deal if you are going to bash with it. But watch out for interference, it might just send that shiny new Firestorm into the curb. In the future look for a better radio.

Hopefully this will answer your question. If you want to see that the firestorm is cabable of go to www.youtube.com and watch videos on it. There is plenty that will show the raw power.

The parts are starting to become more available which is also a good thing. But be patient if you break it you might not be able to get that part right away, being it is still relatively new to the rc world.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:50 PM
xxRyanTxx

My only breakage so far was a steering knuckle and that was after about 20 or more nose first landings from about 8 feet up.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 PM
NitroNate

Thanks guys for all your help
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 AM
hpiboy92

yeah ive only broke my spur gear and that was from some sick peeling out in grass and ive broke the front suspension arm from a 40mph head on collision
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Santacruz

Its a great truck ... When u've got it going :P Ive smashed the entire front end of mine before this was an hour after getting it ... (flat out into a very hard curb) But yeah i like it so you should to One word of advice make sure u got the electrics on before u start driving ! ive made than mistake and had to chase it across alot of land :P