Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Ultra high TEMP climate + romers about tiers blown

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Ultra high TEMP climate + romers about tiers blown

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:18 AM
vega11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra high TEMP climate + romers about tiers blown

Hello guys !

i'm new with Jato 3.3 .. need from anyone who got the expe. to confirm this about the Jato 3.3 :
Is it true that the Anaconda stock tiers likly to be blown off due to the powerfull engine ?
i heard and read many complaigning. woundring if it's true.

my 2nd concern that the tempreature here in Riyadh, SA is not getting anyway below 91 F
it's almost daily range between 91 low to 130 F at high [] .. anyone advise me should i run my jato ?

the traxxas people advise me not to let the engine temp go beyond 270 F ... is it o.k if it reachs 290 ?

Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ultra high TEMP climate + romers about tiers blown

290 is borderline. It's ok, but not good for long periods. Just richen the engine a tiny bit.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:49 AM
RCCanuck

make sure you have lots of cooling holes cut into the body and mount the body as low as you can to expose as much of the cooling head as possible to airflow...Keep the engine cooling fins clear of caked on dirt....Put your fuel in a cooler with a bag of ice and run the cold fuel....you can add a better header and pipe that will drop your temps some as well...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 AM
vega11

Thanks for the advises guys. i would stick with thses helpful notes.
i heard before that cooling down the fuel in the fridge would give a better cooling engine temps. but does it (seems) to harm the engine ?
you know like placing icy cold tea in a warm glass , it might crack it. or it's better use this method only once before the engine turn hot [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]

anyway... i'll keep on your notes guys . thanks again both.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
jatoracing33

as for the tires yes ive heard theyve blown but ive done many high speed runs and donuts and ive onlly had the tire come off the rim.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
motorhead91

same here the rear tires came unglued thats about it, its speed does make them expand quite a bit
Old 08-03-2007, 10:07 AM
jatoracing33

i was able to wear my tires down to where there was no tread at all...and i still plan on runnin them til it wears a hole in the tire
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 AM
motorhead91

my tires actually split where they came unglued....so mine basically ballooned up and shredded
Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 AM
rclynx

i'm new with Jato 3.3 .. need from anyone who got the expe. to confirm this about the Jato 3.3 :
Is it true that the Anaconda stock tiers likly to be blown off due to the powerfull engine ?

my 2nd concern that the tempreature here in Riyadh, SA is not getting anyway below 91 F
it's almost daily range between 91 low to 130 F at high .. anyone advise me should i run my jato ?

the traxxas people advise me not to let the engine temp go beyond 270 F ... is it o.k if it reachs 290 ?
290 is right at max for racing, its probably better if you only run in the early morning hours. I't hot over here in the central valley of California and its hotter in Nevada and New Mexico..........but the middle east is on fire[&o] any time you get over 100 F you should not be running a car at 290 degrees. Maybe you could invent a water cooling system for RC's
Old 08-04-2007, 02:15 AM
daytimeninja

ORIGINAL: vega11

Hello guys !

it's almost daily range between 91 low to 130 F at high [] .. anyone advise me should i run my jato ?

If you're afraid you're engine is getting too hot. After about 5 minutes of running, bring it to your stand and put a drop of water on the engine head. If it sizzles and evaporates fast, then it's too hot. It that happens lean it out at 1/8 turn at a time and test again. If after about 1/2 turn it still sizzles, turn the needle back to where you had it, and think. [&o]
Old 08-04-2007, 02:32 AM
REDisFASTER

ORIGINAL: vega11

Thanks for the advises guys. i would stick with thses helpful notes.
i heard before that cooling down the fuel in the fridge would give a better cooling engine temps. but does it (seems) to harm the engine ?
you know like placing icy cold tea in a warm glass , it might crack it. or it's better use this method only once before the engine turn hot [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]

anyway... i'll keep on your notes guys . thanks again both.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Where'd you hear that? Just keep your fuel in a cold dark place (under a blanket to shade it from sun, etc)

When your fuel enters the combustion chamber, its going to set ablaze anyway so it'll burn and create heat. It wouldn't matter. Just go an hour or more richer on your HSN and you should run fine! Make sure to cut cooling holes in the body, too!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
tistheman7

yes the stock tires are horrible. i flipped mine over in the grass one day and one tire blew off in pieces and the other came unglued