Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

I want to go fast!!!! But I need some help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

I want to go fast!!!! But I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 AM
BMooch1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to go fast!!!! But I need some help

Since I don't know much about the Nitro side of the world I would like to get some opinions of some the different types of cars to look at. I really just want for starters to build... (this is why I am thinking used) and car that just goes all out fast in a straight lines.. I have about a 3/4 of a mile of straight in front of my house.

What I would like to have in this car:

1. Parts that are easy to come by
2. Something that is off-road capable
3. Easy enough for someone new into nitro to understand how to tweak.. etc
4. Not sure if I need a truggy, buggy, or monster truck.. I do not want a touring car.
5. Since I don't know a lot I was trying to shoot for around 55mph.. Hopefully that's reasonable
6. Money is but isn't a big deal.. I want to take my time on the build so I do have some dough to go around...

Can you guys get me some suggestions of what type of cars to look into?

As always thx
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: I want to go fast!!!! But I need some help

First of if you are looking for a buggy, truggy or a monster truck you are in the wrong forum as this is the stadium truck forum. For speed with off road capability I would go with a buggy. Speed cost!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:03 AM
VIPER458

yeah sounds to me like ure goin to be best w a buggy. w the right things they can really be fast and fun. but then again i know a few stadium trucks that are pretty fast too. and they are cheaper to upgrade.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 AM
BMooch1

Which stadium trucks are you thinkin?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
twomanytoys

BMOOCH,

All I can say is Jato 3.3. 65mph stock and will do everything you need it to do. It is the fastest truck out of the box and all you need is an extra set of tires and wheels for good off road performance.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM
BMooch1

I might be able to get a jato 2.5 for around 150 would this be worth it? How hard is the conversion to a 3.3.. and what are the differences?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you want something that is really good off road get a buggy. Yes the Jato is fast but I do not take much stock in advertised speeds but will not handle anything like a buggy that is 4 wheel drive.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: BMooch1

I might be able to get a jato 2.5 for around 150 would this be worth it? How hard is the conversion to a 3.3.. and what are the differences?
Switching the engine is very easy. Also if you are going to buy a new engine skip the 3.3 and go with the os .18. Everyone says that engine runs faster and better. I am not sure which os .18 drops right in but someone eles should be able to tell you.

A buggy will handle better then a jato but it will cost a lot to make it go as fast or faster then a jato.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 AM
FastNeasy

= Jato
Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Oliver_Klozov

I picked up an rc10gt with an os .18 cv-r engine and it beats both of my buddies jato 3.3's for about half the cost b/c mine was used. You can get an rc10gt for around 300 rtr new and put an OS .18 C-VR or TZ and it will beat almost anything in a straight line. The rc10gt comes in at 4.5 lbs fully loaded with fuel and batteries the jato 3.3 comes in at 6 lbs fully loaded. Out of the box the fastest you can get is the jato 3.3 but for the same money you can get an rc10gt and make it faster IMHO. I can beat the jatos up to 47 mph no problem thats with giving it a 20 -30 foot handicap. We run out of room b/c we only have about 200 - 300 yards. They are messy to work on and the rc10gt parts are much easier to find. I think the jato body looks sweet and its cool that it has a second gear. My next one will prolly be an MT2 b/c its 4x4. Offroad most st are close to the same except the jato b/c you need to change the tires and rims. The tires and rims will almost cost you as much as a new CV-R motor. So i would say you need to decide what you want to spend. The jato can be made much faster for very little money. From being on here for a while the common thing with all cars is don't belive the stats. None of the cars do there advertised speed but they are all close. Honestly jatos will do somewhere around 60 + mph right out of the box no problem and with tuning im sure it would do 65 so were not talking about a huge difference. You need the room for a jato to get up to 65 and it takes over a 1/4 mile depending on conditions ie: downhill or wind at your back etc. I love nitro cars and all of them have there good points. You wont be upset with your choice no matter what you get.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
jatoracing33

jato 3.3...was my 1st nitro and i had basicly the same needs as u. price is also coming down, so you may get one for like 350 new. its not that hard to tune...just read wat it says in the manuel. even though they suggest traxxas fuel, dont use it but instead use o'donnell race fuel...same price and much better. hope i helped out