Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI Firestorm vs. HPI MT2 G3.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
offroadbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Firestorm vs. HPI MT2 G3.0

I was wondering which truck would be better suited to moderately hard bashing at the local park. I have read up on both the Firestorm and the MT2 G3.0 and I really liked the durability and stability of the Firestorm I've heard so much about, but the 4WD of the MT2 G3.0 appeals to me too. I've also heard that the drivetrain and front end of the MT2 is weak. And I also know 2WD will be much harder to corner with. Could someone please help me decide? I'm not a complete noob and I have been reading all throughout the forums but I haven't found the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: HPI Firestorm vs. HPI MT2 G3.0

get the redcat racing ST.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The only MT I would recommend is the SS kit as it has all the up dated drive train. All so I do not do RTR as with a kit you end up with a MUCH better vehicle.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM
offroadbasher

I have narrowed it down to these two trucks after hours of reading on RCU and on HPI because their in my budget, they have parts avalibility, and I've heard mostly good (and a little bad) about both trucks. So, I'm prolly not going to choose any other. But how is th efuel consuption for the G3.0 that's in these trucks, since nitro costs so much! I also read that the MT2 G3.0 does 45mph and the Firestorm does 38. I know top speed isn't everything but I'm willing to bet it's because the Firestorm is geared lower than the MT2 even if they have the same engines. Right?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

DO NOT TAKE MUCH STOCK in advertised speed as most times it is nothing but BS! I have a MT among many others and like it a lot but it is nowhere near stock. Yes I like HPI a lot seeing how I have 4 of their vehicles. Sorry to say the RTR MT has weak drive train mostly the final gears unless you put the heavy duty ones in and shim them properly. Two sets of the gears for both front and back diffs cost around $70. Yes 4 wheel drive handles so much better and will go places 2 wheel drive only dreams about.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
offroadbasher

Thanks 46u, I'll keep that in mind when choosing.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
mx757

i actually have my mt2 g3.0 on its way to my door today. I am a complete beginner here and from what i have seen and heard it is a good platform to start with and go from. my options were basically the mt2 g3.0 and the ofna mutilator. the mutilator appeared to be something i would have to build though, as it is an rtr, but the manual online looks like you have to put it all together yourself.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
firestormanation

I have an HPI Firestorm and it is super fun. It is mega durable and the handling is real good. Cornering isn't that hard anyways it will give you something to work on wo later on you can be a good driver at 2wd. Also the MT2 would require more maintainance because of the 4wd drivetrain so I would get the Firestorm. Also I know the Firestorm is at least 40 mph fast because I can beat my friend who has a Traxxas Nitro Sport. Just remember you can't go wrong with HPI and especially these two great choices. I vote Firestorm
Old 12-19-2007, 10:23 PM
d3d5

if you re gear te firestorm it will do 40-45mph easily and is super durable like firestormanation said.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:07 PM
NitroNate

I have a Firestorm and I love it!I have learned to control it around corners so well that I say to myself:"What do these people mean when they say 2wd has bad handling"......If you would like to mod it alot then get the MT2,but if you get the Firestorm then you will have to wait a bit for hop-up parts...Both the MT2 and the Firestorm have one thing in common: DURABILITY...The Firestorm would be a bit easier for you beings its 2wd.You will not regret getting either of these.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

get the redcat racing ST.

i cant belive someone would recomend something like that..........when they person is looking at someting so much better

me personaly id take the MT2 over the firestorm both are great durable cars but personally i hate RWD cars.......ive had a few and they never performed the way i wanted

ill take a 4WD car over or RWD car any day..........also both are topping out at around the same speed