Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

2nd speed clutch hub

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 AM
jasytosy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd speed clutch hub

in my 3.3 jato it wont shift into second no matter what i do, ive taken all the gears apart and nothing everthing seems fine except slight bits of dusty metal from the clutch hub that changes it into second if im correct. how do you know if the clutch hub needs replacing, if i do replace it do you think my jatos second speed will work again, if i change the shift point to a quicker change the top speed dramatically falls, its gotta be the second speed, help!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Oliver_Klozov

Default RE: 2nd speed clutch hub

We had the same problem with 2 stock jatos and you know what fixed it in a hurry. Get an OS .18 tz and it will change no problem sounds like your not hitting high enough rpms to get it to change prolly the poopie 3.3
Old 08-22-2007, 08:53 AM
jasytosy

mine at high speeds since it cant change gear it sounds like its hitting the rev limiter so it cant be that it hasnt got enough rpm
plus it used to change when i had a 2.5 so its not the engine
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Oliver_Klozov

Well when we used the 3.3 the cars would hit 70 Km/h and would stop it wouldnt go any faster thats it with both cars all we did is change the motor and it will change gears at 30 km/h thats without touching the dif at all... Before we changed the dif we could get it to change once it had warmed up for 20 minutes or so but it would only do it sometimes at high speed with the new motor it changes everytime. I have tonnes of video of it not shifting and having the same problem as you but with the new motor it shifts after 20-30 feet the old 3.3 took 200 feet. We had this problem with 2 brand new jato 3.3's in the last two months. Im serious its night and day and nothing has changed with the dif. Try taking your car out warm it up and when you want it to shift let off the gas and get back on the gas.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 AM
jasytosy

can you get some videos of the new motor shifting?
which os .18 is it the tz or cv-r, and what do you need to get the thing into the jato and running or is it a direct replacement, does the original manifold fit on and can you fit the ez start onto it cause i dont want a pull start, got a pull start on my rush evo hate it
Old 08-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Oliver_Klozov

go read my post about jato 3.3 with an os 18 tz eb modded