Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro rustler hop ups?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:42 PM
casualrcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro rustler hop ups?

just purchased a nitro rustler about two weeks ago. i want to modify some of the suspension and chassis components, but i am having a hard time finding parts. does anyone like mip make a cvd kit for the rustler? how about integy for alumium suspension parts? i have searched online and even contacted traxxas about this subject and came up with nothing. can anyone help? any info would be much appreciated!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:13 PM
suicidemachine

Default RE: nitro rustler hop ups?

Stay away from alum sus parts. They are pricey to replace and are not as foregiving as plastic or carbon fiber. I use carbon fiber shock towers and have a MIP stinger pipe sticking out the back. Other wise stock. I did do the head button mod and added a washer to the GP to lower compression. This pic is last year when I traded the stock SS4.6 motor from my Savage for the nitro rustler, for my son to beat on. The guy who had it had no idea what he was doing, rear arms were on backwards, motor out of tune, wires everywhere ect., ect
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42264.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	755344  
Old 09-03-2007, 12:19 AM
rc_racer69

i say as much rpm parts you can get
i swear by rpm
also the new rpm rear shock tower(b4 i would have said aluminium shock towers) lol
im soooo happy they came out with rpm rear shock towers

also the engine cannot hold a tune
if you can tune a trx engine you can tune anything
Old 09-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Hoese37

dont go with alum for sspension arms, once they bend they get weak. go with RPM. look for an alum rear bulk, and rear carriers. thats about it. nothing else really breaks. maybe stock up on spurs. Mip makes a set of cvds for the truck. I never had a problem with the stock sliders, except for the plastic transmission yokes, get the traxxas steel ones. look into a good tuned pipe.