Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

firestorm won't wheelie :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:19 PM
d3d5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firestorm won't wheelie :(

How can i get my firestorm to wheelie with out having to buy new gears? for tighting the slippper clutch how much i tighten it? I've already tightened it about 2turns and don't see any difference.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
xhaliex

Default RE: firestorm won't wheelie :(

ORIGINAL: d3d5

How can i get my firestorm to wheelie with out having to buy new gears? for tighting the slippper clutch how much i tighten it? I've already tightened it about 2turns and don't see any difference.

thighten the slipper until it doesnt slip... and tune your engine right. then go WOT at a high grip surface but when setting the slipper to thight you may risk damaging your drivetrain
Old 09-02-2007, 04:32 PM
jatoracing33

get a bigger engine[&:]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:48 PM
twomanytoys

The firestorm is not really made to wheelie.Its going to be jinda hard to wheelie in stock form
Old 09-02-2007, 04:58 PM
d3d5

ORIGINAL: xhaliex

thighten the slipper until it doesnt slip... and tune your engine right. then go WOT at a high grip surface but when setting the slipper to thight you may risk damaging your drivetrain
i'll try that but I don't care if i damage the drive train because i'm going to be getting an os .18 motor soon
Old 09-02-2007, 05:07 PM
xhaliex

i'll try that but I don't care if i damage the drive train because i'm going to be getting an os .18 motor soon

i think softer springs in the rear may help...

and os engines are greate i have a os cv-rx .18 in my rush evo. i cant get i to wheelie on command now because the wheels only slip when i go WOT and today the tires was ripped of the rims.[X(]
Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 PM
jatoracing33

and os engines are greate i have a os cv-rx .18 in my rush evo. i cant get i to wheelie on command now because the wheels only slip when i go WOT and today the tires was ripped of the rims.[X(]

no...harder rear springs. soft ones just make it squat, while hard ones pull the front end up
Old 09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
d3d5

ok thanks for all the help. But i want to get the os .18tz is there anyway i can make it so it doesn't brake the drivetrain. how fast does the cv-rx make it go? a lot more toeque to i'm guessing
Old 09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

no...harder rear springs. soft ones just make it squat, while hard ones pull the front end up
i agree with the harder springs and just wanted to add another quote

i run the .18 cvrx in my tmaxx, nitro rs4 mt, and rs4 3 evo, its a great engine and will make the front wheels easily pull off the ground, its extremly easy to tune and easy to start
Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
d3d5

ORIGINAL: ehroof

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

i agree with the harder springs and just wanted to add another quote

i run the .18 cvrx in my tmaxx, nitro rs4 mt, and rs4 3 evo, its a great engine and will make the front wheels easily pull off the ground, its extremly easy to tune and easy to start
ok i think i've changed my mind and decided i'm going to get a os .18 cvrx when my stock engine is done for.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:26 AM
droidswarm

I managed to get a couple of sweeeeeet wheelies out of my stock Firestorm yesterday [sm=shades_smile.gif]. Just played with the tune while running on tarmac.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:40 AM
ben805

ok i think i've changed my mind and decided i'm going to get a os .18 cvrx when my stock engine is done for.

Just take your car out for few tanks of continuous high speed drag at WOT, bring a case of ice-cold beers on a hot sunny day, that should do it in. and you'll have reason to get that nice and shinny 18cvrx, do it do it.....
Old 09-03-2007, 09:54 AM
d3d5

ORIGINAL: ben805

Just take your car out for few tanks of continuous high speed drag at WOT, bring a case of ice-cold beers on a hot sunny day, that should do it in. and you'll have reason to get that nice and shinny 18cvrx, do it do it.....
i would do that but i can't do it with the beer not old enough yet but how hot does it have to be outside cause i was doing that yesterday and it was like 80 out. now my engine will start but die if i'm not giving it throttle
Old 09-03-2007, 10:49 AM
jatoracing33

if not beer then...um...fall down the steps and hit your head just take it out on the highway and never let off the throttle and youll have a brand new 18cvrx comin in the mail[8D]
Old 09-03-2007, 10:52 AM
d3d5

going to try burning up the engine now
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
ben805

80 degree should do it your lsn or idle might need adjustment, heck...no need to mess with the idle, just lean out the hsn, hammer the snob out of it on long stretch, refuel and do it again and again and again, and imagine you're driving the fast and the furious ultimate bat mobile ripping the track a new hole, hehe....you know the .18cvrx is waiting for you!!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 PM
d3d5

forgot to lean it out but some time this week i'm going to my lhs to get the .18tz or .18cvrx still waiting for input on wat engine will be better for the firestorm
Old 09-03-2007, 07:09 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont ruin the engine mail it to me!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
d3d5

ok i'll mail to you for $100 plus shipping or i can burn it up along with my tires
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 PM
ben805

don't forgot to take some video!!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:58 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dramatic line; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor little engine. but yeah, the cv-r is a great engine, it rocks with the mt. but do you really want to kill your engine? i hope your joking, if your just going to trash the engine so you can get a cv-r, then just keep the engine as a scraper or a spair engine and get a new engine to use for now.

wow, i said engine 7 times in one sentace a new record!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shupid_one

dramatic line; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor little engine. but yeah, the cv-r is a great engine, it rocks with the mt. but do you really want to kill your engine? i hope your joking, if your just going to trash the engine so you can get a cv-r, then just keep the engine as a scraper or a spair engine and get a new engine to use for now.

wow, i said engine 7 times in one sentace a new record!
For biend "Shupid" you got sence.

And if you just keep your engine and get another its a geed backup.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
d3d5

i was joking i just did like 2 high speed runs but my engine keeps stalling when i don't give it throttle what do you think the problem is not tuned or glow plug but getting new engine soon [8D]
Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I assure you if your drive train will hold up you will not be able to keep the wheels on the ground with an OS 18 TZ in it unless you gear it way up. Once I got where my drive train would hold up on my HPI MT with and OS 18 TZ I had to gear it WAY up to keep the wheels on the ground most of the time and it is 4 wheel drive and much heavier.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
d3d5

46u, what will i have to do to keep my drive train to hold up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.