Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

XTM Nitro X-cell + XXX-NT + hopups??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

XTM Nitro X-cell + XXX-NT + hopups??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM Nitro X-cell + XXX-NT + hopups??

I read somewhere that a few of the parts from the losi truck fit the xtm truck. Can anyone verify what parts fit what? And also, does anyone make aluminum bulkheads that fit either truck and/or they cross compatible? is there a tougher spur gear i can use? Also, how much power can the stock gear box take? Would it handle one of the powerful higher end motors or a trx 3.3 or OS Tz18? I plan on running this truck for fun, no racing or anything. Just want it to go fast, and climb I also plan on running paddles and driving in sand/loose dirt cause i live very close to the beach with lots of dunes and a huge fill dirt quarry with 50 foot hills. Makes for some fun stuff. My modded blackfoot handles both with ease but im tired of the lack of run time with the 15t motor and the lack of parts support. Thanks anyone with some info!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 AM
rclynx

Default RE: XTM Nitro X-cell + XXX-NT + hopups??

WHEELS interchange on the two but both have there own hop ups and both have there ups and downs. Neither of them have what it takes to sustain the power of the OS.18TZ for any length of time. Both transmissions are very similar but not quite an exchange. Going with the lesser engine in the OS or the SH .18pro will give you a lot better results and a lot less breakage. Losi makes some real good cars but there will be a lot of intellectual giants that will swear that the X-c is the biggest pile of junk there is. However there are not many that even can say that they have put any effort into the X-c. Save yourself $50 or $100 bucks out of the gate and get an X-c, put some rear hubs on it and go to town. If you no how to drive you won't have a problem. The only edge I give any of the others is QC and I still tear down the AE's if I race one. I will give the Storm the advantage for bashing over most all of them though [&o]
Old 02-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Im really just interested in tearing up the beach, local baseball field, and my small yard. No jumps or hill climbing anything. Ive been building/driving for 7 or 8 years now so im pretty good with that. I can handle fixing anything(im a mechanic on real cars and bikes) So im just looking for something cheap, essentially a way to get a truck like my blackfoot, just nitro powered and still in production. Are the wheels the standard 12mm hex and bearings on the front design like the stampede?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 PM
rclynx

Both the same [:-] You can check out the hop ups for the X-c [link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com/X-C%20Parts.html]HERE[/link] on the product pages [:-]
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
RCUSEE

jup, u can use the spur gear of the xxx-nt2... also the rear arms fit if you modify em a bit
and for the drivetrain buy a rrm aluminium diffwheel... but get the associated steelballs... the xtm ones wont fit
Old 02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&aq=3&oq=xtm+x
all the vids out with this cool truck!