Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato single speed gearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
bigwill5686

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato single speed gearing

Ok, I have just finished up my big block jato install, now I am looking to the transmission. I have 2 options, single speed or the hot racing aluminum 2 speed gears. What do you think? I don't mind the price tag of the HR gears but I don't want to buy them just to have them strip. I am leaning more toward single speed but am unsure about the gearing I will need to run, so any opinions are welcome. The motor turns 45k and I tire diameter I am unsure of, but they are the 17mm ofna buggy foams.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Default RE: Jato single speed gearing

What is wrong with the Stock transmission...The stock 2 speed setup is way stronger then the single speed.. I the single speed is pointless and it so weak you will be amazed.. The best way to go is locked the stock transmission into 2nd gear the gears weigh alot less then the bronze ones... I can post a link on how to lock the stock transmission into 2nd if you need...
Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 AM
nthekno
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Jato single speed gearing

Can you post it because I'm doing the same conversion and want to put an adjustable clutch to let the motor stall up. I drag race 132 ft.