RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI Firestorm spare parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 PM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Firestorm spare parts?

I am interested in getting the HPI Firestorm (nitro) but I just found out the my LHS doesn't carry spare parts for it. I looked at tower hobbies, and all the parts seem very expensive. Is this something that will make or break the deal with getting this truck? Or is there a less expensive place where I can buy parts for it?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:35 AM
NitroNate

Default RE: HPI Firestorm spare parts?

If this is your first Nitro,you will think prices are fairly exspensive...I do all of my parts shopping on tower,which is one of the least exspensive places to buy from.
And one thing I learned pretty quick about this truck,is that you won't need to be buying a lot of replacement parts.There are a few up front fixes that should be done as soon as you get it,such as the clutch system and the steering servo saver.After that,most of your money will be going to fuel and hop-ups....
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

well actually i had one before, it was and exceed forza, but the parts for that were so inexpensive (i now know it's because they weren't hobby grade stuff). and i was counting on the fact that the car is durable.
what do i need to do to the clutch and the servo saver when i get the truck?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
NitroNate

The clutch spring is the only problem with the stock clutch system,as it breaks fairly easily.Grab a Savge21 2 shoe clutch set and it should last you at a minimum of a year...

The servo saver prevents the wheels from overpowering the servo in a turn.Out of the box its way to loose,which makes a poor turning radius.Just take it apart and tighten the bolt up and lock-tite it.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
JCMINIS

I had the same questions as you, I searched around for awhile and still came back to the firestorm.So I bought it. So far I have only broken the ball end joints on the steering servo,which I replaced for 5 bucks (with spares)or so from tower, 2 quarts of fuel and thats it so far.It is fairly tough.I do not regret my purchase at all,love this thing. Most of the parts that seem to break(from looking) you can pick up in an upgraded form(composites or alloys) for just a bit higher price than stockers however that may start a domino effect on parts breakage,,the weakest link ya know.....

JC