Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Which stadium truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 PM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which stadium truck?

Me, my dad, and my friend all made this pretty beast track out in the woods. Him and me race a lot, but the only thing I can race him with is my Savage XL. Sure mine has beast acceleration and can clear the jumps pretty well, it just can take the turns as fast and as sharply as his. He has an XTM Nitro X-Cellerator. So im looking for a kinda cheap stadium truck to compete with his. I came up with these: HPI Nitro MT2 G3.0, Traxxas Rustler (The new nitro one from 2008), HPI Firestorm 10T (The nitro one), Traxxas Jato 3.3. So yeah, im looking for something to race him with.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:19 AM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which stadium truck?

I'm not expert, but i think the firestorm and rustler are pretty much equal, and I've heard the Jato isn't really good for racing as it's just soooo fast
Old 05-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: GlassBullet

I'm not expert, but i think the firestorm and rustler are pretty much equal, and I've heard the Jato isn't really good for racing as it's just soooo fast
Umm....No. They are not equal at all. The rustler is a 16 year old design, while the firestorm is still just 1-3 years old. The Firestorm is based off a race platform but is also very durable. So the firestorm will handle better (thus beating your dad ) than the rustler. The firestorm and xcelerator would be a good matchup.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:49 AM
usa98030

The MT2 will beast because of its 4 wheel drive!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:11 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with usa98030. I love my Jato and it does pretty good off road but the MT2 would be a way better choice with the 4WD.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 AM
rccarman81

So the jato and rustler are out. Now its down to two vehicles, one four wheel drive, the othe two wheel drive. Which one is better for racing between the MT2 G3.0 and the Nitro Firsestorm 10T?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Switch_639

MT2 obvious... it is definitely faster cause I have had a Firestorm and seen my friends MT2 actually broke it in for him... and its 4WD meaning you will have way more traction... in Stadium I quite like the Menace 21 from Shumacher racing... but it might be too fast even though its 4WD... I reckon it will be like a 2WD Jato only its 4WD...
Old 05-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: rccarman81

So the jato and rustler are out. Now its down to two vehicles, one four wheel drive, the othe two wheel drive. Which one is better for racing between the MT2 G3.0 and the Nitro Firsestorm 10T?
The Firestorm, it will be more competative to race with your dad.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
worstluck

in my opinion the assosiated gt2 is the best stadium truck for the money. it is the constant winner at our track. i also have a rustler and there is now way it will ever be as fast. the gt2 also only runs for 300. rtr.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:23 PM
RCUSEE

firestorm or xcellerator, the choice is yours
Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Barber420

RC10GT2.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM
usa98030

You know what! MT2 all the way, i bet you i can get a kind that played with this thing for a day and will beat any 2wd truck. If there a bunch of turns the MT2 will win if its more straights a 2wd will win because the distance it gains on the straight aways will make up for the distance lost during the turns.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:57 PM
worstluck

if you ever plan on doing any competitive racing the mt2 wouldnt ever really count because they would put you in a 2wd class. thats why i recommend the rc10gt2 its race legal. but if not 4x4 stadium trucks handle & accelerate better than 2wd.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: usa98030

You know what! MT2 all the way, i bet you i can get a kind that played with this thing for a day and will beat any 2wd truck. If there a bunch of turns the MT2 will win if its more straights a 2wd will win because the distance it gains on the straight aways will make up for the distance lost during the turns.
Yes, the MT2 will beat a 2wd xcelerator. I am not arguing that. All I am saying is it would be unfair. The loomier the conditions, the more 4wd wins by. And a 4wd will still beat a 2wd on the straights. I mean that it would be more competative and more fun if you both got eual vehicles-either the GT2, XXX-NT, or Firestorm. GT2/XXXNT are betetr for racing, adn the firestorm is better for bashing. The xcelerator is a cheap clone of the xxx-nt.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 PM
rccarman81

Ok, so I am racing my friend, not my dad. But I will soon be racing my dad and my friends dad. I will be racing my Savage XL for now against my friends XTM X-Cellerator, I suggested to my friend to buy his dad the GT2 RS RTR, and my dad will be getting... something. But any ways, the track has a good mixture of turns and straight aways I will put pics up later after I decide what vehicle to get. If I put pics up of teh track, will it make it easier for you guys to decide?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
usa98030

Well its on your driving still also. But i would go all the way 4wd on anything. If you want street cars go 2wd
Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 AM
rccarman81

I could probably drive truggys, buggys, stadium trucks and monster trucks all really really well within my first 3-5 days of driving one. So I consider my driving skill high. I also consider high because i am very quick aroudn my track in stadium trucks and monster trucks, but those are the only type I have driven. also wouldnt I need the acceleration of the firestorm on a track? because im not gonna be hittin 45 mph.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Doonagoowin

Eh, I think that performance wise, all 4WD wins in RC. The only downside to that is a lot more maintenance and more potential breaking/failure points. My friend and I took off the front dogbone of a Cyclone and it's performance dramatically reduced. And FWD cars, I heard they just skip around when under hard acceleration.
1:1 street cars are definitely RWD and 4WD.

The car doesn't really matter does it? Just pick a good platform to build on, then you can just upgrade later for low/high end speed/torque and take it from there.
Post up a pic, it would help and I just wanna see what you race on

Just my .02

ORIGINAL: usa98030

Well its on your driving still also. But i would go all the way 4wd on anything. If you want street cars go 2wd
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
rccarman81

ORIGINAL: Doonagoowin

The car doesn't really matter does it? Just pick a good platform to build on, then you can just upgrade later for low/high end speed/torque and take it from there.
Actually it does matter, I cant just pick a good platform and build it up. Im just looking for which ever one between the two would do the best on the track with the platform it already has.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM
1nitrohead

consider this.
I RACE .... but I enjoy myself most when I have a good battle with someone, even if for 10th place its the battle of skills. If I walk away with race not as fun. I would race similar/same truck. 2wd will develop RC skills much better than 4wd cuz you need trottle control with 2wd.
During practice if someone wrecks while runnin we wait till he is ready and then go at it again the fun is in the close battle for me.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
rccarman81

ORIGINAL: 1nitrohead

consider this.
I RACE .... but I enjoy myself most when I have a good battle with someone, even if for 10th place its the battle of skills. If I walk away with race not as fun. I would race similar/same truck. 2wd will develop RC skills much better than 4wd cuz you need trottle control with 2wd.
During practice if someone wrecks while runnin we wait till he is ready and then go at it again the fun is in the close battle for me.
yes, that is what me and my friend do to. but the thing is my savage xl will eat his little x-cellerator, and that isnt fair. so i want something that would be fair to us. and I already have accidentaly ran over his x-cellerator litterally, but it was fine. thats one of the reasons hwy i want a stadium truck, is so i dont run him over again. also so i can take turns sharper.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

Firestorm is deff a more competitive choice. I think it would be a fun race.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:49 PM
1nitrohead

The only thing HPI makes for offroad thats competitive is the D8 and D8T
Old 05-06-2009, 07:31 AM
rclynx

yes, that is what me and my friend do to. but the thing is my savage xl will eat his little x-cellerator, and that isnt fair.
Sorry but I have to say something here..........all a savage driver would see is dust behind an x-cellerator.........average tuned savage does about 35, average tuned x-cellerator will do 42. There not even in the same playing field and the only 2 in the whole field that will stay with or beat an x-cellerator is an XXX or an RC10 and for speed nothing can touch the Jato.............................................. ........................................smoke clearing [&o]
Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
1nitrohead

If all your concerned with is speed then run drag cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.