Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

best setup for a traxxas nitro sport ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

best setup for a traxxas nitro sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best setup for a traxxas nitro sport ?

Hi guys! I got my brother a nitro sport truck used, and wondering what are some good upgrades that he can do to it.
The nitro sport that he has is the old one, not the newest one thats out. he's is more like 2 or 3 years old. Could he make is truck look more like a jato or better a nitro rustler ? Can the nitro sport take any of the jato or rustler parts, because if so I have extra jato parts from my jato 3.3..
please help me out guys !
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
dittch
Banned

Default RE: best setup for a traxxas nitro sport ?

other than maybe the body, you won't be able to use jato parts on it, they won't work. It has it's own specific parts. Check and see if the wheels use bearings or bushings. Some of the old nitro sports have bushings, so an upgrade to bearings would be good. The shock towers are very weak, so I would recommend replacing them with RPM parts. Overall it's a pretty good truck. My brother has a couple and we beat the heck out of them regularly. If you decide to go for more power get an OS .18CVR, they make a version that pretty much bolts right in (some have had to do some minor grinding to get it to fit right). It's way more powerful than the stock pro 15
Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM
cumquat

before i get into specifics i should tell you i dont own one yet and the very little nitro ownership experence i have is from an 1/8 scale buggy so feel free to discard  my comment. basicly you can modify anything to fit anything such as fitting a 1/16 scale with a .27 size engine or a 1/8 scale with a .05 size engine. for a more direct fit that may need slight grinding or filing try parts made for the newer one. i suggest a larger fuel tank provided it will fit, new aluminium shocks, tires and wheels, fuel filter and better breaks. did you want proformence parts?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
usa98030

The nitro sport and nitro rustler is the same car the nitro rustler just has the 2.5 in it. So basically your going to end up with a nitro rustler when ure done. Moron88, i know now why your username is what it is, since who the heck would think of even putting a .27 in a 1/16? Thats like putting two ferrari engines in my car!!!!![X(] JUST PLEASE GET SOME MORE KNOWLEGE
Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: usa98030

The nitro sport and nitro rustler is the same car the nitro rustler just has the 2.5 in it. So basically your going to end up with a nitro rustler when ure done. Moron88, i know now why your username is what it is, since who the heck would think of even putting a .27 in a 1/16? Thats like putting two ferrari engines in my car!!!!![X(] JUST PLEASE GET SOME MORE KNOWLEGE
i came up with the idea didnt i? just because it is insane doesnt mean you cant do it, it was just tomake a point. i am plenty learnid, i made it through the 7th grade on time. what makes you so smart?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:40 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

man all ya need to do to that nitro sport is run that sucker till da wheels fall off ...... dont upgrade it ..... beat that sucker to da ground then upgrade as ya break parts .. that way ya only end up replacing the stuff that breaks ...... ummmm lets see ............................................. rear shock tower is all my son ever broke on his !
Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 AM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: usa98030

Not quite the same car. One example: the nitro rustler has an aluminum chassis, but the nitro sport only has aluminum on the back half of the car, the front part of the chassis is plastic. There are many differences in the designs of these two vehicles. They do share many basic parts though.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
MCSRacing

the only difference between the rusty and nitor sport are the main chassis,upper deck,steering bell crank and the 2.5 motor .... other than that they are exactly the same!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

Dittch:

I see your point, however, I wish you would do some more research. I own a Nitro Sport and swapped out the stock Pro 15 for the Jato engine. It was very simple.

I also put the Jato chassis on my Nitro Sport - It was awesome!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: bjonaiti

Dittch:

I see your point, however, I wish you would do some more research. I own a Nitro Sport and swapped out the stock Pro 15 for the Jato engine. It was very simple.

I also put the Jato chassis on my Nitro Sport - It was awesome!
Just what exactly is wrong with you?

First off, there's no way you used a jato chassis on a nitro sport unless you did a TON of modification. I see you're only an hours drive away from me, so bring that nitro sport with the jato chassis up here and let me see it. I bet it either doesn't exist, or it does and looks/handles like a hybrid shopping cart.

Second: I know the jato engine (TRX 3.3) can easily be put in a nitro sport with the correct mounts, never said it couldn't. So what do you mean by the "way over my head" comment?

Third: I can see why you don't want to be questioned, just look at everything you spewed out in that post.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
bjonaiti
Banned

Now your tone is starting to get a little unruly. I am simply trying to break bread and be civilized. Now I see where your anger comes from.

Iindeed did perform a ton of modification. My cousin Stuckey sold me some scrap metal and we redesigned the car. It's essentially the same car, but we had to move the exhaust and motor to the front and turn it into a front wheel drive car.

To answer your question about showing this to you:You don't want me to drive to you; however, you can meet me half way as I intend to come at you nothing but respectable.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 PM
richardcranium

I would really like to see this abortion you have created. Can you take a picture of it?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 AM
trx1

heres mine.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM
rustler1882

So here's another question!! Can you turn a Rustler to a JATO?? Or how close can you get without completely revamping the car - I'm thinkin of replacing my 2.5  motor dont know with what yet.... widening my front a-arms, throwin a nice tuned exhaust and 2 sets of tires - 1 for street and 1 for off road/track
Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: rustler1882

So here's another question!! Can you turn a Rustler to a JATO?? Or how close can you get without completely revamping the car - I'm thinkin of replacing my 2.5 motor dont know with what yet.... widening my front a-arms, throwin a nice tuned exhaust and 2 sets of tires - 1 for street and 1 for off road/track
Don't get another TRX engine, try OS this time.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
rustler1882

I will, got some great advice in another thread. 

Here's another question - I see the exhaust is pointing out the rear on the picture above, I've also seen it on other cars/trucks - what is the purpose/advantage of a rear exiting exhaust system? Other than not spraying exhaust or unused fuel all over your cover?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: rustler1882

I will, got some great advice in another thread.

Here's another question - I see the exhaust is pointing out the rear on the picture above, I've also seen it on other cars/trucks - what is the purpose/advantage of a rear exiting exhaust system? Other than not spraying exhaust or unused fuel all over your cover?
That's just the way traxxas ran it, noadvantage toit. Ibelieve that is their old stinger exhaust system which would run out the back.

I believeOS makes a motorthat will drop right in your 2.5 rustler and even use the traxxas manifold...not 100% positive on that though.Also, the traxxas 3.3 engine would be a great improvement over the 2.5 as well, and it is a direct drop-in.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:38 PM
MCSRacing

that pipe is a MIP 360 Stinger system ... it screams but sux if ya land a lil to nose high and ur gauranteed to plug the pipe. and they have a sound that is more like a 2 stroke dirt bike