Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Nitrohobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires?

hey guys im looking at pro line right now and what 30 size tire do i want for hard dirt like clay hard
Old 05-10-2009, 01:55 AM
usa98030

Default RE: tires?

Badlands
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 AM
rclynx

Bow-Tie 2.8" (30 Series) will hook up much better on hard dirt and clay [:-]
Old 05-10-2009, 09:52 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your gonna be racing I would the Bow Ties. If your gonna be bashing then for sure the Badlands. Got them for my Jato and boy do they hook nice.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Nitrohobo

hey guys im looking at pro line right now and what 30 size tire do i want for hard dirt like clay hard
Look at other brands like Panther, Losi, JConcepts. For hardpack clay undoubtly the fastest tire would be something like Pink Taper Pins or Switch 2.0, Holeshots might work good too. But they might be hard to drive for the average person. Those tires are more precise than tires like Bowties.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM
rclynx

Why don't you stick to answering the question instead injecting a bunch of BS.............not one of the tires you mentioned are 30 series tires [:-]
Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: rclynx

Why don't you stick to answering the question instead injecting a bunch of BS.............not one of the tires you mentioned are 30 series tires [:-]
Yes, but all of the tires I mentioned will be better than Proline 30 series tires (2.8 wheels). If you go with a tire with 2.2 wheels there are more options available and more traction. Badlands would work horrible on that terrain. Bowties would work ok but there would be alot better choices.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Yes, but all of the tires I mentioned will be better than Proline 30 series tires (2.8 wheels). If you go with a tire with 2.2 wheels there are more options available and more traction. Badlands would work horrible on that terrain. Bowties would work ok but there would be alot better choices.
Tend to disagree. The 30 series Badlands have great traction. I use them on clay, dirt , and grass. And on clay I still manage a wheely every now and then. Great tire, great grip.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Tend to disagree. The 30 series Badlands have great traction. I use them on clay, dirt , and grass. And on clay I still manage a wheely every now and then. Great tire, great grip.
Try the tires I mentioned (Switch 2.0, Pink Taper Pins, maybe Holeshots if more hardpack than clay) and you will notice a difference. There is a reason why basher tires like Badlands arent ran in races.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
worstluck

badlands? only time id ever think about using that tire is on a crawler. not putting down anyones suggestion. but that tires tread patters and diameter is much too large. on a hard surface it would have a lot of slop, causing the truck to feel very "loose". our track is a hard packed loam/dirt surface (rock solid in the groove and loamy everywhere else). in my opinion something more "pin-like" would perform better such as lugnuts, step pins, or bowties. personally i use lugnuts. the trick is getting the right compound for your track.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Nitrohobo

yeah im going to get a pair of one of theses Switch 2.0, Pink Taper Pins, maybe Holeshots not sure yet but its going to be for only hard dirt im saveing these tires for the track so i realy want a pair that can hook up not plaining to use every were just hard dirt clay like hard
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 PM
usa98030

TOTAL BS! go with the bowties for racing and badlands for bashing!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: usa98030

I agree. You asked about 2.8 inch wheels. If you want more options with 2.8 inch then also check out IMEX. They got some good choices as well.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Nitrohobo

yeah im going to get a pair of one of theses Switch 2.0, Pink Taper Pins, maybe Holeshots not sure yet but its going to be for only hard dirt im saveing these tires for the track so i realy want a pair that can hook up not plaining to use every were just hard dirt clay like hard
Where are you racing? Any of those tires will be good, but IMO if it isnt clay Holeshots would be best. Ask other people what tires they use. Panther Switch and Losi Tapers are more track picky-needs to be real clay.

What you are saying is BS. How in the world would Bowties work for that type of terrain? Bowties were made for loomy conditions, while tires like Holeshots are made for hardpacked conditions.