Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

New engine on Jato

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Nesal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine on Jato

Hi guys! What other engine can I put on a jato apart from a trx 3.3? Will an OS .18 cv-rx drop right in almost? Thanks!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
CrysisFX

Default RE: New engine on Jato

yep. just make sure it has the same exit exhaust and carburetor attachment as well as drive shaft
Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

cv-r is a side exhaust engine .. ya need a rear exhaust ... the tz 18 will drop right in as long as its a standard shaft and slide carb version.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:09 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I haven't been able to post from my phone all day. Anyways these are the OS motors that will fit. .18TM, .21TM. These 2 accept the easy start if you want to use them. The .18TZ is one sick puppy also. That will pretty much drop in as well. You can also drop in the RB 523TM which is a .23 motor or the .26 PICCO MAX EZ START. All these motors are direct replacement drop ins and also accept the EZ- START. If you chose any other big block you will have to get a big block conversion kit that you can find from New Era Models. These 2 motors may kill your trany though. lol. Good Luck
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Nesal

I didnt know the tranny would withstand a .18tz... maybe I'll get one of those! I wanted a cv-rx as they are a little cheaper and I didnt want that much power, if I got a new manifold could I use it being a side exhaust or not really? And will the tz take the stock manifold?

Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TZ will not take the stockmanifold but you can get a manifold from a HPI RS4 2 and it will work great. cost about about 10.00 bucks or less.