Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

New To RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:36 PM
RCinSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To RC

Hello, Iam new to RC. I bought a GT10 with a OS .18 CV-R and muffler, Nomadio Sensor Radio, and alot of parts, wheels & tires. Went I bought it Idrove it. Paid the man and left and went home ( 30 miles ). Played with it at my house for about 20-30 mins. Iget up this morning and try to start it. Nothing happened. It has a pull start on it right now. In the stack of parts I got a elec. back plate. Should Iput it on and use it due to the problem of get ***** out by the pull start. ( Ieven tryed the blow dryer trick ) And also... I put the truck on the charger all night last night and when I truned on the radio and car this morning it said it was still died. Iwent and bought a brand new hump back. Icharged it for about 5 hours and turned everything on again and it said the same. Do I need to get a new charger? If anyone can help me out that would be really nice. Thank alot.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: New To RC

Ok I'm confused as to what is dead as so you say......... And what told you that it was still dead?????????????

Does you radio tell you the batteries are no good on the receiver?

I would def. buy a new charger if your batteries aren't charging at all....... Also it may not be starting because either your glow plug is no good, your ignitor needs to be charged (or if uses a battery, needs a new one), or your not priming it right and maybe flooding it etc etc.............
Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Chris_RC

If nothign is responding at all, your radio or receiver might be the issue. For your starting problem....need more info. Does it turn over in attempt to start?
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 AM
RCinSC

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Ok I'm confused as to what is dead as so you say......... And what told you that it was still dead?????????????

Does you radio tell you the batteries are no good on the receiver?

I would def. buy a new charger if your batteries aren't charging at all....... Also it may not be starting because either your glow plug is no good, your ignitor needs to be charged (or if uses a battery, needs a new one), or your not priming it right and maybe flooding it etc etc.............
Yes my radio tells me the battery life. I just checked it and paired up but is died as chrap. I changed the glow plug 3 times. I have blow in the fuel line and covered the exhust hole.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:52 AM
RCinSC

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

If nothign is responding at all, your radio or receiver might be the issue. For your starting problem....need more info. Does it turn over in attempt to start?
As far as trying to turn over no. It has a pull start and it makes me tired very fast. So Ionly can try to start it for about 1 min. But no it didnt turn over.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:50 PM
usa98030

Just bring it to your hobby shop if there policy allows them to touch your nitro car! Then they can probably start it up Hopefully your hobby store is even allowed to tincker with your nitro since mine can't and most of them can't since nitro engines have alot of things that can make them not work right.  Don't quite on nitro just yet and GOOD LUCK
Old 05-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: usa98030

Just bring it to your hobby shop if there policy allows them to touch your nitro car! Then they can probably start it up Hopefully your hobby store is even allowed to tincker with your nitro since mine can't and most of them can't since nitro engines have alot of things that can make them not work right. Don't quite on nitro just yet and GOOD LUCK
Alot of things that can make them not work right? Nitro engines are some of the msot simpliest engines you can get. Thats pretty stupid about them not being allowed to touch it, but if it was me, I wouldnt let ANYONE touch my car, especially someone at a LHS. Go to a track if your LHS cannot get it started, they know 100x more than anyLHS.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
RCinSC

I didnt try to start it today. I went and bought a roto start for it. I am gonna try it later tonight and wake up all the people around me!!! I chaged my air filter also.