Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Evader won't idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
noreason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evader won't idle

Hello all, i'm having a problem with my idle on my nitro evader. Iam running an os cv-r .18 and all has been great until i got into a wreck. Car flipped a few times front to back, noting too out of this world but i noticed the car's exhaust sounded different. It shortly died about 30 seconds after that. Now, the car wont idle unless i trim the throttle to keep it running, but its idling fast enough to make the car move forward and spin the wheels when i lift the car. I've tried to adjust both the hsn and lsn for a solid hour. Also, the only way to make the car idle is to screw the idle screw in all the way which seems strange to me... If the car sits too long like this the clutch will start to smoke... Well, Ithink thats it... Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Nitrohobo

Default RE: Evader won't idle

when i cant figure it out i take it to the lhs. if your good buyers there he should do it for free. my lhs tuned my car like 3 time in the last 3 weeks lol. but it was a total rebuild to so idk. but this comes from some one thats not hella good with rc motors after he did those tunes tho ive been able to tune my car right just from the smoke.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
noreason

I have worked on tuning the engine for well over an hour in order to produce some kind of realistic idle since this has happened. I've tried to reset all needle positions and working from there, in both directions, but no luck. I suppose I could take it to the lhs, although I do buy all of my stuff online and the only thing i buy from them is fuel so they will probably not be as nice as they would if i bought the car from them. Also, something just doesnt seem right. I dont know... For it to just fall out of tune like it did after a wreck seems strange. Gonna check for air leaks next I suppose. Tried to get it running today for about 5 minutes but gave up. Blisters forming on my hand from that pull start :P
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Chris_RC

Nitrohobo, PLEASE tell me you dont take it to Hobby People!!!?? If you think they are knowledgeable, then wow, just wow. Best thing would be to take it to a track, as they know 100x more information than a hobby shop. What temps were the engien running at? Inspect the engine for damage.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the OS .18 CV-R in my RC10GT. Since the header takes a paper/plastic header gasket you may want to check that. Through time the header gasket becomes brittle and cracks. Maybe the tumbling of the crash nocked some of those peices loose. I have had it happen to me. Check the header gasket and see what kind of shape its in.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

You said the exhaust sounds different.  Look in the pipe and see if anything got into it during the crash.  I have had a clump of dirt get in mine before and it created all sorts of issues.  I've also bent the stinger tip on mine before and had issues almost identical to the dirt in the exhaust.  Also, check the clutch shoes and springs, they may have been damaged as well.  Did you check the head screws to make sure they were tight and didn't get bent/twisted in the crash?