Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

supercharged jato 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 PM
otis721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharged jato 3.3

alright guys, just bought a new jato 3.3 yesterday to beat up on my buddies revo' s and tmaxx 2.5's. both guys like to talk alot of crap. they are really going to cry when my rustler vxl is done this weekend and i hit them with an 11.1v 3c 8000mah lipo. correct gears to run 70+mph. well back to the jato. i know it needs to be correctly broken in, but when that process is done how do you guys feel about the superchrager mod out there? i here they run the engines too lean and burn them up. anybody tried one yet? traxxas claims 65+ mph out of the box. how acurate are those numbers. thanks guys
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 AM
CarGuy7a

Default RE: supercharged jato 3.3

Superchargers are JUNK. What you heard is true about the superchargers making the engine run too lean and burn motors up. Not to mention the are a Pain In The Arse to tune.

There is better things you can do to make an RC engine run better than a supercharger without compromising the reliability of the engine.

These engines are the only engines that I've ever heard of being able to use a supercharger on a 2 stroke. IMO they just plain don't work unless you want a fried motor.

Man your Jato stock out of the box will eat a Revo and a Tmaxx 2.5 on the road in a straight drag anyday. It may even smoke them off road given you have good off road tires and correct gearing so it's not so doggy.

I know first hand that the Rusty VXL on 3S lipo will eat the revo and tmaxx hands down.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the supercharger question I posted 2 videos you should watch that go into detail as to why you should not get it. I left it in the Jato 3.3 Thread. Dont waste your money. You want your Jato to really kick some arse.A motor saver filter a good pipe and some gearing will really get you up there. The only bad thing abou the Jato is the brakes. Look through the Jato 3,3 Thread and you will find some easy fixes for the brakes there. Other than that I love my Jato.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 AM
CarGuy7a

Probably the best bet to get alot of power from the 3.3 or any engine would be the BUKU pipe. Look up the BUKU pipe on a Jato on youtube. They are Insane fast.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they are. I have one on my Jato and boy oh boy. I just dont have words to describe it. If you have the money for a supercharger then get yourself a Buku pipe. They run 109.00 but well worth the money and you will still have money left over for other mods.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OS 18tz engine, tall gearing, decent pipe, job done. You'll have one of the fastest fuel powered RCs available.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 AM
otis721

thanks guys, that's why i ask the question and I am a member of rcu. you guys know what you are talking about. supercharger looks great, but looks aren't everything. finally stopped raining and warmed up so the jato is going out for her first run ever today. rusty vxl maybe sunday. wife bought me the rusty xl5 and rather go cheaper and buy the vxl version, i completely upgraded this one. probably would never have driven it had i not. probably spent double on upgrade over a new truck, but she bought it for me for our anniversary and i have plans of keeping for a long time. i will repost my results of the first runs.