Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

.15 Recoil start Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Jorako

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .15 Recoil start Questions..

Well got the Car and the recoil kit in the mail today and decided to install the recoil. No instructions came with the recoil, but it seemed pretty straight forward. Removed the three screw holding in the EZ start system and then installed the pull start unit. What am i supposed to do with the wires that where connected to the ezstart? And the one blue wire going into the head? I mean would it kill them to include some instructions? I guess they assume people who buy it have someRC knowledge..
Old 05-30-2009, 07:11 PM
CarGuy7a

Default RE: .15 Recoil start Questions..

Ok here's what you do.

1: Remove the 3 screws for the EZ start system and slide it off the rear engine shaft. (Should come off fairly easy)

2: Pull out the one way bearing from inside the EZ start system. Special Note: make sure you install the one way bearing into the recoil start the exact same way it came out of the EZ start.

3: Install the recoil starter onto the rear of the engine and install the 4 screws.

4: Remove the EZ start wire harness.

5: You're good to go.

You'll also need a glo ignitor if you don't already have one. You can find them fairly cheap.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Jorako

Default RE: .15 Recoil start Questions..

ORIGINAL: CarGuy7a

Special Note: make sure you install the one way bearing into the recoil start the exact same way it came out of the EZ start.

Well when i took the tape off the back of the recoil start, thre metal springy thing shot out, so i had to rewind it. I put it on the vehicle and it seems okay. Guess i'll know for sure when i fire it up in a week or so.