Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Nitro Rustler Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:52 AM
ThatRustyKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Rustler Upgrades

Hey guys i have pretty much fully stock nitro rustler at my house right now. It only has steel differentrial yokes and im looking to buy more stuff for it to make it become a better truck. Im only 14 but i have some money to spend. I recentlly also bought a TMAXX 2.5 and that runs great im just looking to upgrade my Rusty cause thats my favorite truck. I would also like to get on and offroad tires for it if anyone knows any send me a link. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nitro Rustler Upgrades

My buddy has a fully modded Nitro rusty. Here is a list of what he's done, that I can remember. The thing is a TANK!!!! New Era Aluminum top plate. RPMshock towers. RPMA-Arms. Traxxas Aluminium castor blocks. Integy shocks. RPMhead cover. Removed the easy start and put on a pull start. Traxxas Aluminium turnbuckles. RPM front bumper. I think their are a couple more things, but I can't think of them. The truck is virtually indestructible. The only things that ever break are the idler gear in the tranny and the diff. Those go out every couple of months, but that's running it everyday for the most part too!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:14 PM
ThatRustyKid

Dangggg tell him he has one hell of a truck. Lol i just got home from a little bashing ... ended it off with yet another broken axle man i want a jato rear end lol...
Old 05-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Barber420

I forgot, we also replaced all of the screw in hinge pins with hinge pins held on with e-clips!! MUCHbetter; now he doesn't have to tighten them after every tank of gas. He NEVER breaks axles. I wonder why yours is doing that? He has MIP's for it, but we took them out, because they were constantly coming apart and having to be rebuilt. The stockers have treated him well thus far.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Nitrohobo

wow your friends not to smart i can tell you why the mip fall apart they come with lock tite for a reason use it..... also what you talking about tightening the fuel tank? also integy ant the best had them on my rustler 2 for a while then i hit one little curb at like not even 10 mph and both shocks blew out.....
Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

yea ya gotta thread lock the set screws on the mip cvd's .. the fuel tank screws go into plastic so there should be no reason that they should come lose, unless you have a xtreme amout of chassis flex. LOL my 9 year old runs a rusty for a basher/play truck and he could tear up a anvil, no joke, but he really does haver a hard time killing the rusty.i run integy shocks on my race trucks ..BUT NOT ON A BASHER, they will snap the ball ends off and theyre a bit hard to get ... on my sons rusty he runs associated fatory team shocks off his T4FT, it has integy on it - but its his race truck.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Barber420

ORIGINAL: Nitrohobo

wow your friends not to smart i can tell you why the mip fall apart they come with lock tite for a reason use it..... also what you talking about tightening the fuel tank? also integy ant the best had them on my rustler 2 for a while then i hit one little curb at like not even 10 mph and both shocks blew out.....
Look at my sig for gods sake; I've been into RC's for 21 years, I know that you use loctite on the MIP grub screws!!!!!!! Secondly, I wasn't talking about tightening the fuel tank, I said we replaced the crap screw in style hinge pins with proper e-clip hinge pins so he didn't have to tighten them back up after every tank of gas. The stock ones come loose constantly, at least if you actually drive the thing a decent amount. Lastly, I never said Integy's were the best shock did I, I just said he had them on his Rustler!!!!! You really need to learn to read, and type, before you run your mouth. By the way, the Integy's work just fine, never one issue in about15-20 gallons of fuel.They hold up and last great if you know how to drive and don't run into stuff at full blast.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:14 PM
mattakers25

Hello,  i am new here but i am hoping ya'll can help me out.  I am looking for the best front and rear tires for a traxxas rustler or bandit VXL for offroad racing, dirt track racing.