RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traxxas

Icouple days ago Ibought a HPI Savage from a guy and part of the package deal was a wrecked Traxxas Nitro Rustler. Ihave to say Ihave alway been hard on Traxxas for not making quality cars and trucks ( Ionce had a Revo that was a peice of crap and I hated it). Ihave spent the day today getting the parts to fix this lttle Rustler up and I just finished driving it for the first time. Ihave to say I'm impressed! Ipicked up the Savage and the Nitro Rustler with a toolbox full of tools and spare parts for $250. Iwas really justwanting the Savage so the Traxxas was just extra. well for less than $30 worth of parts Ihave a pretty sweet little car that rips! Iam very impressed with the torque of the 2.5 motor and Iactually like the easy start system! My neigbor wants to buy the Rustler from me and Itold him he could have it for $225. If he buy it that means I'll have $55 in a nice Savage SS. If he doesn't, I'll have a great little car to add to my collectiion! Ijust wanted to share the experience with every one here!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas

I love my Jato. I tend to not listen to those who say Traxxas is garbage. If you look through this forum you will see vevry brand as its advantages and disadvantages.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 AM
rustler1882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a kick ass deal! I would keep it for the collection! Have a sweet monster truck and a bad ass little stadium truck. I bought my first nitro car about a month ago and didnt really know alot about the different brands so i went for the rustler cause the hobby shop stocked all there parts... After 3 weeks of bashing and practicing on a track I love this little zipper. I certainly takes one hell of a beating with minimal breakage - I've never driven another engine but the TRX2.5 is enough for me for know.... Hey if you can get some pictures up of the two - love to see em!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
yakfish

Here are some pics. They both still need a lttle work, but are in excellent shape now. Not bad for $250!! I'm not sure if Ineed to keep it or not. Ialready have a very nice RC10GT with an OS 18TZto fill the ST category, and the rustler isn't nearly as quick and torquey. But It has more power than Iexpected from a 2.5.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
rustler1882

Looks awesome, can I ask what that is on top of the front buckle/bumper looks like battery of some sort. I need something to weigh down my front end but dont wanna really move the rear battery pack....
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
yakfish

It is the battery pack. I had it up front like that because the power switch in the back was broken so I just plugged the battery directly into the receiver. I just bought a new plug/switch/batter holderso the battery is now in the back where it belongs.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
CarGuy7a

Looks like you got yourself a freakin GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

anyone who talks trash on Traxxas is full of it. period... I have a slayer and it has proven to be one of the most durable vehicles in my collection, I can launch that thing sky high and it love it and takes the abuse. if I even though of trying half the crap with any of my other trucks, they would sputter and die on me or break, HAHA not really, but my point is that traxxas is a good quality vehicle!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
rustler1882

Ya theres a couple of people in this area that like to bash traxxas, they seem to follow these threads around just to bash haha, i love my rusty and its been nothing but fun. Plus the engine program from traxxas is awesome as well, lifetime replacement- who else does that???