Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

rustler 3.3 gearing

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 PM
kh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustler 3.3 gearing

just got a trx 3.3 motor from my traxxas rustler. I was wondering if i should change the gearing at all or just leave at like it was with the trx 2.5?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 AM
dittch
Banned

Default RE: rustler 3.3 gearing

my buddy did the same thing. He went with a bigger clutchbell (24 tooth) and the smallest spur he could get in there, either 68T or 70Tif I remember. I think he tried to go down to a 66T but couldn't mesh the gears because he couldn't move the motor any further back. It screams off the line and top speed is wicked. Hemounted a weight onthe front of the truck (about 6 ounces) to keepit from popping wheelies.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:57 PM
bneterasedmynam

Default RE: rustler 3.3 gearing

i have mine set up with a 24 tooth clutch bell and a 64 tooth spur its the highest that will fit in that truck and its still geared too low.
you will have to shim the engine higher to get the lower tooth spurs to fit but its worth it the top end increases dramatically and it doesnt seem to effect the acceleration at all.