Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Question about BDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:19 AM
hollow_point

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about BDC

So i should be receiving my Firestorm 10t in the mail, hopefully sooner than later, and i had a question about bottom dead centre. How do i position/know when the piston is at the BDC position? i was reading about this the other day and figured i should ask so i know as much as possible when my truck gets here. thanks guys
Old 07-09-2009, 06:13 PM
haasjj

Default RE: Question about BDC

I kind of just feel for BDC. When you get your new truck roll the flywheel over with the glow plug out, you will feel it gets very difficult at TDC and before TDC. Roll the flywheel back and forth from where it gets tight on both sides then just pick a spot somewhere in between. Or take the glow plug out and look in there to set it at BDC, do this by hand so you don't end up with fuel in your eye.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Chris_RC

Take the glow plug out, and use a clean allen wrench or small screwdriver. Keep pushing the wrench or driver into the glow plug hole until it stops. That means the piston is at bottom dead center. Go to the flywheel and get a sharpie and mark the sharpie where BDC is.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 PM
hollow_point

wicked, just the kind of info i was looking for, thanks guys. once i get the truck, i think it will be even easier for me to tell