Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3 newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:14 PM
JayMacc81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3 newbie questions

First off wanna welcome myself and say wasssup!

2nd - just got my first nitro truck from a guy in NY, ive always wanted one of these things,so me being a 2 stroke quad guru i know i have to change mixture due to temp and altitude..... what are the factory settings so i can go from there, it rolls forward at idle and if i lift the tires they spin pretty fast lol......also when i blip throttle I hear a click and it cuts off on me, wot it runs good but i think it has too much smoke coming out indicating a rich condition Im a complete newb and would like to get it to factory settings so i can have a starting point.... as far as I know its only got a THS pipe on it. The glow plug wire tip was broken off when i got it, so i got a new glow plug wire but the coils on the spring are to small and i cant get it to stay on, I have to touch the glow plug when i start it and just let it dangle aroung while im out rippping around.....suggestions? is the wire always supposed to be connected?
Old 07-11-2009, 09:51 PM
CarGuy7a

Default RE: Jato 3.3 newbie questions

Factory settings on the 3.3 is HSN 4 turns out from seated and LSN should be flush with the housing, idle gap should be about 1mm. As far as your blue glo plug wire yes it should stay connected to the glow plug. Even though it does nothing while the engine is already running It just makes it easier to start up the next time. To push it on the glo plug stem, I just use a pair of needle nose pliers to push it on.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with CarGuy but one thing. The blue wire should stay on after pushing it on with the needle nose pliers if they are Traxxas plugs or some OS plugs. The plugs I use are to fat for the blue wire to fit. So what I do is use a Glo Igniter and use the easy start to turn the motor.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 AM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Agree with CarGuy but one thing. The blue wire should stay on after pushing it on with the needle nose pliers if they are Traxxas plugs or some OS plugs. The plugs I use are to fat for the blue wire to fit. So what I do is use a Glo Igniter and use the easy start to turn the motor.
Yes I forgot about that, good catch.[8D]