RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

2.5 nitro rustler with 18tz

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2.5 nitro rustler with 18tz

I have a quick question for anyone who has put and 18tz with a CVEC tuned pipe into a nitro rustler. The rustler I have was stock with a 2.5 engine, but I had the 18tz just sitting on my work bench doing nothing so I thought "why not drop that into the rustler and see how it does[>:]

It does awesome!! I have a 22T CB on it and it can still pull wheelies and has lots of top end speed. I haven't clocked it yet but may try it later today when I get the my GPS back. but I clocked it at 40.4 with the stock 2.5 and a 18T or 19T CB so it will have to be aproaching 50+ MPH with the 22T CB and the higher revs of the TZ. I'm running Proline road rage tires on it now but they have a hard time hooking up on the street and unless you are very carefull with the throttle it will just spin out from a stand still. I have a set of dirt hawgs and moabs on different rims but I need to try and see if I can get them to go on the rustler to help with traction.

anyway, my question is what pilot shaft is right to use for the TZ in the rustler? The shaft I have is the one I was using when the engine was in my RC10GT. the shaft is ment to be used for an HPI car with a 2 speed-I'm thinking it was ment to be used on an rs4 but it worked just fine in the GT. the only proble I'm haveing is the nut part of the shaft holds the clutch bell out about 1/8th on an inch too far out so that I can only get 2 bolts for then engine into the mounts on the rear side of the car. if I had a nut that didn't stick oput as far I wouldn't have a problem. so to you guys who have the TZ in your rustlers what pilot shaft did you use?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2009, 08:39 PM
wminmi
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.5 nitro rustler with 18tz

I haven't put a TZ in a rustler, but I did put one in my jato, and I just used all the clutch stuff from the original 3.3

fit perfectly....I would think (guessing here) that all the clutch stuff from the 2.5 would fit as well.

Worth a try anyway