Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

should i buy the firestorm 10t

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 03:35 PM
DanP4564

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i buy the firestorm 10t

I've got 300 dollars to my name, and want a nitro RC truck. I've been checking out the firestorm but wonder if that is the best option i can get for the money. Also i would like to know how reliable it is because i don't want to spent like 260 dollars and then have to spend more in order to fix what is broken.

any good advice or comments will be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: should i buy the firestorm 10t

It's a great truck for the money. You can get it around $250. Dont hesistate to buy it.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 PM
hollow_point

exactly what he said. ive had mine for over a month and have taken it to the track many times. the only thing that broke is my rear wing. its a very reliable truck, starts up easily, has a lot of power, and handles well. not only that, but it looks damn good at the same time. no complaints with mine
Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Kodiac400

I'm had mine for about 6 months or so. The truck is amazing and I have a blast every time I use it. The power one you get it tuned is great. It will lift the wheels off the ground without trouble. I'm a back yard basher and have broke nothing. I have about 2 gallons through it now. I'm completely stock other than a fuel filter and failsafe. Just try and keep it off the pave because the tires won't last.

Later
Marc
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 AM
jbates14760

I bought mine to beat around with while I was fixing my MGT. Well 4 mos. later the mgt still sits on a shelf and the firestorm gets run every week. Great truck and a "must buy for the price". My friends have run it and now we have 3 ordered for the rest of them. BUY IT you'll love it.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

the firestorm is one of the toughest trucks you can buy, definately a good bashin' truck ... we call em the rubber truck cause they just bounce off what ya hit!!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 AM
DanP4564

Good, I have heard great things about the firestorm, and this just confirms it. Thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
bink 138

Nobody broke a clutch spring??

Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 AM
firestorm490

i have
but thats the only thing i have broken on mine w/o crashing
the first day i was able to get it out my batteries died, i lost control completly and 300 feet away it hit a wall at wot needless to say the left tires were touching but in the end i only broke the bulkhead and the upper deck was shrivvled right up 6 weeks later (backorder on the bulk head) i got it going again hit a good sized rock broke a few bolts no problemfixed in a few days
now 3 gallons of gas later i run cricles around my friends nitro sport, xxx-nt and even my cousins slayer
Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
markpc

I swapped mine for a hobao dominator. It is a decent truck but, i really miss my firestorm and i would like it back. The only problems i found were just silly ones. LS needle is almost impossible to get to and the reciever box is only big enough for the receiver so no room to hide the failsafe. There are a couple of out of the box things that may need sorting before you get started. The servo saver adjuster may not be tight enough or even not on the thread at all and the brake linings need to be tightened if you dont the fibre brake disk will snap. Once everthing is sorted the firestorm is fast, tough, handles well and looks good. Get one if you can.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
hollow_point

ORIGINAL: markpc

I swapped mine for a hobao dominator. It is a decent truck but, i really miss my firestorm and i would like it back. The only problems i found were just silly ones. LS needle is almost impossible to get to and the reciever box is only big enough for the receiver so no room to hide the failsafe. There are a couple of out of the box things that may need sorting before you get started. The servo saver adjuster may not be tight enough or even not on the thread at all and the brake linings need to be tightened if you dont the fibre brake disk will snap. Once everthing is sorted the firestorm is fast, tough, handles well and looks good. Get one if you can.
i had no problems fitting my micro failsafe inside the receiver box
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM
bink 138

My Dad bought his 1 gallon after i bought my Slayer and that clutch spring broke almost immediately. It was hobbed back together and lasted about a gallon, but eventually replaced with a Slayer clutch. I thought it was a little more common of an occurance.

other than that, he's done no major damage to the truck... his neighbors yard, now thats a different story altogether.

It's a really well built machine, easy starting, quick...
but it can't beat my Slayer, ever...

tell your cousin to get some driving lessons. lol

j/k

ORIGINAL: firestorm490

i have
but thats the only thing i have broken on mine w/o crashing
the first day i was able to get it out my batteries died, i lost control completly and 300 feet away it hit a wall at wot needless to say the left tires were touching but in the end i only broke the bulkhead and the upper deck was shrivvled right up 6 weeks later (backorder on the bulk head) i got it going again hit a good sized rock broke a few bolts no problemfixed in a few days
now 3 gallons of gas later i run cricles around my friends nitro sport, xxx-nt and even my cousins slayer
Old 08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The firestorm is a great truck for the money. very tuff, it was my first truck nitro rc truck. if you clutch spring breaks replace your clutch with the teflon savage clutch it is much better than the FS clutch and will last forever.

there are a couple good deals for rc10gt in the rcu classifieds too. that could be another option for you. I have owned both car and they are both great trucks but the GT handle a bit better. check these out

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=545091

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=545074