RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

droidswarm 01-29-2008 01:41 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

ORIGINAL: FastNeasy

I bought some glow plugs from a hobby shop in London, not sure the make but im almost certain everyone will recommend OS no.8 plugs.

Hey FastNeasy - What model shop in London?

FastNeasy 01-29-2008 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: droidswarm

ORIGINAL: FastNeasy

I bought some glow plugs from a hobby shop in London, not sure the make but im almost certain everyone will recommend OS no.8 plugs.

Hey FastNeasy - What model shop in London?
I got them from Hamleys (spelling) when i was x-mas shopping, they arent OS plugs though not sure the make of them.

droidswarm 01-29-2008 03:40 PM

I didnt know they carried glow plugs and stuff, just thought they did kits and not alot else.

Thatll help as they're a bit closer than 308 Hobbies at Holloway Road.

Cheers for that.

fusebmx13 01-29-2008 07:21 PM

also one more question, what rims will work? are they hex type or are they like a pin? or will they both work? could you give me a link to the cheapest rims. i dont care about looks.

weil0127 01-30-2008 02:10 AM

they are the 2.2 hex type I think.

motorhead91 01-30-2008 01:49 PM

just use hpi 2.2 wheels, some other wheels will fit. but if you use the stock aluminum hexes, you probably have to use hpi wheels

fusebmx13 01-30-2008 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

just use hpi 2.2 wheels, some other wheels will fit. but if you use the stock aluminum hexes, you probably have to use hpi wheels
well that sux. those wheels are like 10 bucks for 2. usually you can get them for 8 bucks for 4. i would rather have them just have a pin and the rims goes on the pin. like most. i hate the hexes. brands do that so that you are restricted to buying there junk.

NitroNate 01-30-2008 08:37 PM

Are you kiddin',where can I get some!!!!

firestormanation 01-30-2008 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: sapper ion

WOW...

So I put the 3 shoe clutch system into my Firestorm today. "If you are wondering why go to the Noisy Firestorm Thread" and it makes a huge difference.

I put the 21 tooth "which much to my surprise fits perfectly even though the shoes are bigger" And decided to do a test.

With the higher stall speed it launches perfectly. I had it at a stand still on grass and Hit the throttle It did a wheelie stand and flipped back. So then I figured I would try it on asphalt. Same thing Whellied up and bounced off the batt pack.

So I figured the slipper was to tight, I decided to readjust the slipper. I put it 6 turns out according to the manual, and had the same results.

This may be my new fav hop up. "Not to mention no more wrap around spring"
This is a very old post but i want to know if there is any other tools that I would need to install this on my engine. He is talking about the Savage 3 shoe clutch. Also do you think this would damage my engine in any way? If it doesn't and it isn't too hard for me to do because I am pretty new to this but the performance sounds really good and it would be very fun not to mention fast.

scobeh 01-31-2008 12:43 AM

also do you need to install the three shoe cluch to run the 21 tooth gear ?

thanks

weil0127 01-31-2008 05:35 PM

Im running the 21 tooth gear and it seems fine with the stock clutch. Why

scobeh 01-31-2008 06:53 PM

does the 21 tooth give you alot more bang out of the hole or is it more top end

motorhead91 01-31-2008 07:22 PM

top end

fusebmx13 01-31-2008 07:38 PM

can you take off the hex adapters off of the wheels and use regular rims with just a pin through them like the associated ones?

fusebmx13 01-31-2008 07:45 PM

sorry for asking all of these questions but I just don't want to waist my money.

One_Love_Element_Skateboards 01-31-2008 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

can you take off the hex adapters off of the wheels and use regular rims with just a pin through them like the associated ones?
Yea ya can, i did that with some traxxas bandit wheels. hugely funny.:D

fusebmx13 02-01-2008 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: One_Love_Element_Skateboards

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Yea ya can, i did that with some traxxas bandit wheels. hugely funny.:D
so it will work without the adapters?

motorhead91 02-01-2008 07:32 PM

the hexes on the firestorm are more durable than any pin....they're aluminum, and you would be waisting your money to buy rims, and come to find out they may not fit

fusebmx13 02-01-2008 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

the hexes on the firestorm are more durable than any pin....they're aluminum, and you would be waisting your money to buy rims, and come to find out they may not fit
thanks a lot, yea you really have a goot point there.
but can you send me a link of some rims that would work other than hpi ones. thanks a bunch. im getting a firestorm this summer.

flatsghost 02-02-2008 03:01 AM

A couple of weeks ago I bent the upper chasis and broke the front bulkhead set on my firestorm. After ordering and receiving the new parts from my LHS, I went about putting the new chasis and bulk head back on. My problem is that no matter how I get it back together, the front wheels will only turn 1/4" either direction when using the radio. I thought it steering servo might have been ruined from the wreck so I bought a new HT one. No difference. I'm at a loss, I've rebuilt the front end no less than 7 times and I'm beyond frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

scobeh 02-02-2008 05:04 PM

my firestorm is running great at the top end put when i florr it from a dead stop it bogs any suggestions????

fusebmx13 02-02-2008 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: flatsghost

A couple of weeks ago I bent the upper chasis and broke the front bulkhead set on my firestorm. After ordering and receiving the new parts from my LHS, I went about putting the new chasis and bulk head back on. My problem is that no matter how I get it back together, the front wheels will only turn 1/4" either direction when using the radio. I thought it steering servo might have been ruined from the wreck so I bought a new HT one. No difference. I'm at a loss, I've rebuilt the front end no less than 7 times and I'm beyond frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
you probably already tried this but is the little nob on top of the radio turned to not as tight?

motorhead91 02-02-2008 06:32 PM

fusebmx, im not sure what other rims will fit, im just using hpi rims..

flatsghost 02-02-2008 07:30 PM

Ok so I got the steering fixed, turns out I had the D/R messed up, simple solution, but in my frustration I didn't see it. Anyways I took the truck out today and after running a tank I brought it in for a refill and noticed that fuel was leaking at the base of the head where it meets the block. I drained the tank, and took the head off, but nothing jumped out at me as a reason to what the problem might be. I screwed the head back on refilled the tank and the same thing happened all over again. Anyone have ideas or solutions?

lambofgod1371 02-02-2008 09:28 PM

it boggs when u step on it from a dead stop because when it sits there it build up oil and i needs to be cleared by giving it throttle, but u can lean out ur bottom then richen ur top to even it out so ur engine wont overheat, it should be at a solid 230 degress