RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

NitroNate 02-17-2008 01:09 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I just finished posting all my videos on here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7089842/tm.htm
New videos soon to come.

yakfish 02-17-2008 04:56 PM

I just bought a firestorm about 2 weeks ago. and it seem to be something I will have alot of fun with.This is my first Nitro power RC so I'm still new to this whole thing. But I think there may be something wrong with my servo? When I turn on the radio and the car and servo for the throttle linkage starts to jump back and forth making the throttle really jerky. any Idea what is happening? I have adigital camera that has a video function so I will see if I can post a short video of the problem.
Thanks

Edit: I just read the previous post with someone having the same problem. I will open it up and see if there is anyt water in there.

FastNeasy 02-17-2008 05:40 PM

Sometimes mines does that if i have the throttle trim on too much. have you checked that ?

charged batterys in both the car and transmitter ?

If not then i dont know sorry [&:]

Ultrakd 02-18-2008 06:34 PM

anyone got any suggestions to buy a RTR Firestorm for under $500.Im 13 and on a budget so I need a RTR.
Thanks

motorhead91 02-18-2008 06:37 PM

towerhobbies.com..

search firestorm....and there it is

Ultrakd 02-19-2008 07:17 AM

Im going to get a RTR Firestorm but is there any extra tools or anything else I will need to assemble and drive it properly

FastNeasy 02-19-2008 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Ultrakd

Im going to get a RTR Firestorm but is there any extra tools or anything else I will need to assemble and drive it properly
Erm you will need, fuel, extra glow plugs, glow plug starter, batterys and some fun! :)

Also has anyone tried to fit a different exhaust on their Firestorm? if so what pipe?

yakfish 02-19-2008 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Ultrakd

anyone got any suggestions to buy a RTR Firestorm for under $500.Im 13 and on a budget so I need a RTR.
Thanks
You won't have a problem if you have $500 to work with.you could probably get something else even nicer, especially if you don't have to buy accessories! I got mine for $360 with all the tools, glow igniter, batteries and a gallon of fuel. Tax included. the truck alone was only $264+ tax. Go get you one and have fun! One more thing, make sure you leave a little bit of extra money for new parts. I broke my front bulkhead after just 3 days. These truck are tough but you will still break parts going full throttle into a solid object like a 31 inch jeep tire![:@]

zukeepr 02-20-2008 02:58 PM

hows it goin firestorm troopers.....just picked mine up yesterday from one of the many lhs' and spent the afternoon prepping it up (installing additional fuel filter, shock relocation, clip retainers etc etc)....first thing i did was breakdown the chassis to switch the stock wiring harness for a new harness with a charge cord....most of the harnesses i looked at had the short ends as the charge cord and battery plug and the long ends were the receiver plugs so i had to ghetto rig the switch on the rear shock tower with zipties....the setup actually is nice and snug with minimal or no movement! did anyone else have a similar problem when switching from a stock harness to one with a charge cord?!?!?...here's a photo:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...0220081122.jpg

windowlicker 02-20-2008 09:17 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm hopefully getting a Firestorm tomorrow, and wanted to ask some questions.

I have bought some parts before getting the car, to lessen the blow to my wallet when I have to get everything like glow starter, batteries etc. And I have bought a pair of the scorch wheels and a pair of proline sand paw tyres to run the car on the beach, I have also bought some 1-10 onroad wheels and tyres (second hand from ebay) to use onroad (obviously). However, the size of the on-road wheels (meant for on road nitro cars) are way smaller than I thought and the diameter of the wheel with the tyre, is the same as the standard Firestorm scorch wheel without a tyre. So, am I right in thinking that even if I do manage to get these wheels onto my Firestorm, that the ride high will be way too low and scuff the tray every time I go over a bump or take a corner? If this is the case, is there a way I can quickly stiffen up the suspension to reduce the travel? Or should I just sell the wheels back on eBay?

firestormanation 02-20-2008 09:26 PM

Windowlicker,
Welcome. If you do manage to get the wheel on the Firestorm then I would keep it because you can just adjust the ride height on the shocks so I don't think it will be much of a problem especialy since you are only using them onroad and there won't be very many bumps and stuff right? I hope you have as much fun with your future Firestorm as much as we do here.

yakfish 02-21-2008 02:45 PM

If you are using a smaller diameter tire and wheel combo you will get better acceceleration which would be pretty cool. your top end won't as high though.but you probably already know that.

windowlicker 02-21-2008 06:28 PM

Got my firestorm today! Totally obsessed with it, but cant drive it just yet, way too much Uni work! plus, the glow starter I've ordered hasn't arrived yet. I haven't tried fitting the wheels to the car just yet, as the part bag, which is supposed to come with the car was not in the box, I have contacted the shop I got it from and will hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

The car also came with three front tyres (one front tyre on the back) which was a fault of the distrobuter/manufacturer, as they had no rear tyres left. It is not a problem though as I am getting a new set of rear tyres plus a new set of rear rims, I will end up with lots of spare wheels! I can't wait to get the engine running on it though!

One question, how do you stiffen/raise the front suspension? I have worked out how to raise the back by turning the plastic bolt like thing on the suspension arms , however doing the same on the front just made the suspension arm fall apart! - still not sure about trying the road wheels I bought, the suspension still has enough travel to bottom out the car very easily, and I don't want my brand new car scuffing around corners!

Does anyone know why the car is able to touch the ground before the suspension bottoms out completely even with stock suspension/wheels? Surely this means the bottom skid plate scuffs up very easily?

NitroNate 02-21-2008 06:47 PM

The shocks are threaded,so all you have to do is turn the preload collar down all the way.

scobeh 02-21-2008 07:53 PM

help when iturn the truck recever on and the transmitter the carb servo goes crazy but when i just turn on the receiver it sit still like it should. turn the transmitter on and it goes nuts again steering servo is fine

thanks

motorhead91 02-21-2008 08:00 PM

could be bad wires, or try replacing the crystals

windowlicker 02-21-2008 08:16 PM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2022008398.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2022008397.jpg
Heres my Firestorm with my road wheels, looks ridiculous, so am going to sell them...

motorhead91 02-21-2008 08:25 PM

looks like the small skate-boarded wheels that everybody did to their cars a few years back

scobeh 02-21-2008 09:23 PM

thanks moterhead i willcheck both and let you know

scobeh 02-21-2008 09:47 PM

no it is not the crystal

NitroNate 02-22-2008 10:57 AM

windowlicker,here are some 2.2 onroad tires that will fit on the standard firestorm wheels. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXLN12

scobeh 02-23-2008 07:38 AM

can someone help with bodies that can be used on firestorm i am in need of a new one and want to know options

thanks

windowlicker 02-23-2008 10:45 AM

cheers for that NitroNate

Just running mine in today!

windowlicker 02-24-2008 04:47 AM

how does everyone here get to the low speed needle?! Its blocked by the rear suspension for me. Do you have to use a bendy screwdriver or something?

lambofgod1371 02-24-2008 09:05 PM

thats what I had to do