Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

paint questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:50 AM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint questions

So I just picked up a j concepts hi flow body for my rc8t and also picked up pearl white, candy blue and backing white.
just making sure I got this right I've failed at painting bodies a few times and I want this one to come out nice.
so wash the body with a mild dish soap, dry body, tape off design and window mask, scotch brite the inside with some grey, lay dark color on first, then lighter colors, then back entire car shell with white backing?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: paint questions

The thing you will do most -and almost never can overdo- is to wash. I use alcohol to clean my bodies (without any kind of grease/silicone in it), both before masking and before painting. And before painting. And before painting. Did i say before painting?

I find alcohol easier to use as i just use a little rag to wash with, and don't have to soak the body in water as when using the dish soap-method. This will maybe ruin the masking, and getting water where you don't want it. The first thing i would have done was to use the scotch brite, then -as you say- ; mild dish soap, dry body, tape off design and window mask, (remember to wash/clean at this point) lay dark color on first, then lighter colors, then back entire car shell with white backing

Looking forward to see the body finished, do post some pics off it when it has got some colours on it!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

didn't come out as well as I hoped but

with masks on

close up to see pearl

next to my old body

yeah the blue spots are from the pearl reacting with camera I guess and yes she sparkles

looks allright she has 9 layers of pearl ahahaha
Old 06-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Mattp261
My Feedback: (1)

Looks great!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, this turned out very nice!