Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

mixing custom faskolor paint color

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
rbeugn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing custom faskolor paint color

I'm looking to mix two custom colors, dark copper and bright copper, using faskolor paints. I've tried fasglitter cooper backed with dark brown but it came out copper metalflake brown. The project is a 57 chevy 1/10 lexan body main color is darkcopper with the chrome to be bright copper. Has anybody tried mixing these colors.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: mixing custom faskolor paint color

ORIGINAL: rbeugn
I'm looking to mix two custom colors, dark copper and bright copper, using faskolor paints. I've tried fasglitter cooper backed with dark brown but it came out copper metalflake brown. The project is a 57 chevy 1/10 lexan body main color is dark copper with the chrome to be bright copper. Has anybody tried mixing these colors.
I have never used Faskolor.
I looked up Faskolor glitter copper, it is basically copper flakes that you meant to add to a transparent base and then apply your desired colour as a backing. If there are too many copper flakes for you then spray less on and/or put less flakes with the base. If the flakes are too large then glitter is not what you want.
Do you have pictures of the colours you want?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 PM
rbeugn

Take a piece copper pipe, that's the dark copper then use sandpaper on it and that's the bright copper
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Anthoop

Glitter will not make it look like that. You need an actual copper colour and then either back it with different colours or tint the colour.
Try a few experiments with the colours you have....I see you have dark brown...any silver/orange/ruby/white/black?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM
rbeugn

Beige and gold make make a pretty good  dark copper. Gold, yellow and chrome make pretty good bright copper
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Anthoop

Good work.
Be sure to put some pictures up when it is all painted.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM
rbeugn

Found a better way to get the coppers colorsI want. Createx has a pearl copper,it looks gold, but,backed with a mix of darkbrown and/or beige it makes any shade copperI need. A hint that's been in this forum before, clear empty2 liter bottles of soda are great ways to practice, rinse, scuff and rinse again. I don't drink soda butI know people who drink lots of it, they are happy to let me havethe bottles.