Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

What paint do you use???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 01:48 PM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What paint do you use???

What brand of paints do you use to paint lexan car bodies???

I use Faskolor by Parma - Trying to find out what other brands are there. is there one just as good but cost less?
Old 10-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What paint do you use???

If you would have scrolled a few threads...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/what...1187876/tm.htm
Old 10-23-2003, 03:04 PM
RC10GT_53

I use Racing Finish when i TRY to do a body...... lol
Old 10-23-2003, 05:32 PM
TikiKustoms

I use Racing Finish and am starting to use House of Kolor Urethane... I found out the urethane is cheaper in the long run but comes in larger containers so is more expensive in the beginning. But if you do a lot of bodies than it helps.
Drew
Old 10-24-2003, 04:39 AM
studysession

House of Kolor Urethane & Racing Finish -- You have any links where to buy them online. I have a Badger Airbrush and most time just clean it in the sink with water. Using these other paints can you do that or need something like real paint thinner.

My wife and kids have a lot of asthma and alergies and can't use paint thinner because of smell. I paint the bodies out in the garage - but clean the air brush in my kitchen sink because I do not have a drain out in the garage.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:50 AM
TikiKustoms

I get the Racing Finish from Hobby Town USA and the urethane from Coast Airbrush. (coastairbrush.com) The urethane came in a kit with a bunch of different colors in small quantities, perfect for rc cars. The Racing Finish is laquer based so you have to use laquer thinner to thin the paint and clean your airbrush. After I finish painting, I just fill up the airbrush cup with pure thinner and run it through the airbrush onto a rag. Then use the rag to wipe down the rest of the airbrush and that pretty much keeps it clean. The urethane has its own reducer so I just use that the same way as the laquer thinner. Yes there are fumes so you need to do it outside/garage and DEFINATELY wear a resperator. Hope this helps. P.S. I have allergies and asthma too, you just have to be careful and keep your painting area well ventilated. I usually close the garage half way and use a fan to push the air outside to keep it ventilated.
Drew
Old 10-25-2003, 08:25 AM
studysession

House of Kolor Urethane & Racing Finish -- Do you have any links for buying on the net...

Here is the UK there aren't any Hobby Town USA's????
Old 10-25-2003, 09:31 AM
TikiKustoms

I got my urethane kit from coastairbrush.com which is located here in california. Im not sure if you can order it online. You might have to order it on the phone. The racing finish you can order online at hobbypeople.net or do a search on google for racing finish paint and you might be able to find someone closer to you that stocks it. If you order it from hobby town or hobby people, the shipping would be expensive since it is overseas so I would recommend trying to find someone in your area or at least on that side of the atlantic. If you cant find anyone, then I would definately order all the paint you need on one order to avoid exess shipping charges. Good luck.
Drew
Old 10-25-2003, 09:39 AM
studysession

I am in a unique situation. I am on a military base. So I have a US mailing address where ever I go. I can not aford to buy things here.

The currency conversion rate today is: 1.73 american dollars to just 1 english pound.