Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

is it ok to do silver, then black?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:42 AM
ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it ok to do silver, then black?

i ehard you're suppose to do all dark colors then do bright colors last when painting. but the way i have my truck design im forced to do silver first. if i do like, 3-5 coats of silver then do black, will this effect the look?
Old 03-28-2004, 03:29 AM
TikiKustoms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is it ok to do silver, then black?

the reason you usually want to do dark colors first and light last is so that you cant see the darker colors through the light ones. however if you do enough coats to make the light colors opaque enough you shouldnt have a problem. as for metallics, spraying a silver first shouldnt be a problem at all as long as you get some good coats down. and remember, more light coats are better than a few heavy ones. good luck and post pics when you are done.
drew