Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Getting into Airbrushing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Abram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into Airbrushing

Hey all, I've been researching alot into airbrushing, and I have a few heli/car bodies I wish to spice up. So, I want to get into it. I need to know a few things...

1. What brand of compresser/airbrush should I use?
2. What accessories do you recommend?
3. What books/resources on the internet do you recommend?
4. Which paint do you recommend? There are so many different types I don't know where to begin.

Thanks Guys
Old 05-08-2004, 04:11 PM
switchlead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting into Airbrushing

ORIGINAL: Abram

Hey all, I've been researching alot into airbrushing, and I have a few heli/car bodies I wish to spice up. So, I want to get into it. I need to know a few things...

1. What brand of compresser/airbrush should I use?
2. What accessories do you recommend?
3. What books/resources on the internet do you recommend?
4. Which paint do you recommend? There are so many different types I don't know where to begin.

Thanks Guys
1. Badger is my brand of choice. They supply you with bottles of compressed air for portable use which I use in tangent with a large, motorized compressor.
2. Get some fine nozzles and some broad nozzles. Make sure you have some caps and tubing to go over the paint bottles.
3. Look for badger.com or something of that nature.
4. Any hobby store carries Lexan Body Paint. This is your weapon of choice! If it says lexan on it you're good to go. Ask the clerk for some help if you need it.
You're welcome!