Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Painters for Hire?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:06 AM
airforceone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painters for Hire?

Any painter for hire post here? I've got two projects for ya', both pretty simple.[8D] I suck at spraying on lexan, so I need a good person to do me up the HPI Hummer H2 and Chevy Silverado (both MT versions).
Old 08-27-2004, 06:36 PM
fireguy01
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Painters for Hire?

hello-
i just happen to have a silverado body ready to rock in stock. its a pro-line for T/E Maxx or Savage. what are you interested in and what is it worth to you ? i've sold some custom jobs on ebay and i have one up there right now under the same sign on as for RCU. auction closes sunday night. its a dodge ram done in lightning and flames. take a look. tell me what you want, specify what colors, i will bounce some ideas off you, draw up some kind of design for your approval, email it to you, tell you what it is worth to me to do it, and if the terms are acceptable, i can accept paypal or whatever. i've been painting for about 7 years. i have a high end badger, paasche, and a testor's aztec 4709, compressor, loads of paint and 6 hobby shops within 15 miles. my xxx-s is pictured on RCU under august body contest, this forum. take a look.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:04 AM
airforceone

Well, I don't need much as far as custom graphics go. I'm after something like the Hummer in this thread: http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=5457 As for the Silverado, I'm looking for something a bit more involved but not too much. I'll try to find some pictures of what I want, it's a bit tough to describe. What's it worth to me? I don't know yet.[&:]
Old 08-28-2004, 09:38 AM
fireguy01

right click, save the pic and email it to me. i dont see a hummer there for whatever reason. i wont copy other people's work but i might commandere an idea or two.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
airforceone

That's the color I'm after too. I understand not copying other people's work, but I just want a single color body with the trim painted. I want it to look as close to stock as possible.[&:]
Old 08-28-2004, 05:56 PM
fireguy01

dude-
dont be a chicken. read what i sent you. you can do it ! get some goldberg striping tape in 1/8" and 1/4" and also some black vinyl tape. dont be wimpy, paint comes out of can. just dont lay too much down. practice makes perfect. everybody has to start somewhere. the only issue with this shell is matching the color and i gotta tell ya - i have seen it but dont know who makes it or what its called. for all i know about this, it is a custom shade. the only way to match is by experiment. that is not something i am willing to do for one color. why dont you start a thread - "what color is this "? or better yet ask the clod guy what it is. one of my LHS guys mixes colors and some of them are SOOOO cool. ya have to do alot of experimenting. BTW - the silverado body i have is cut for a T-Maxx already. are you putting this on a clod ? a pro-line crowd pleazer for maxx trucks doesnt have any of the cutouts for nitro engine and fuel tank, the silverado does.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:37 PM
airforceone

I'll be puting the shells on Thundertech racing trucks - the Silverado will go on my Centurion and they H2 on my Ripper TXT-1.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:57 AM
nitroracer20

hey airforceone do u go to larrys hobbyshop and did u just buy the h2 body the other day?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
pputkowski

I would highly reccomend Reb Inc for all of your painting needs. His site is http://rebinc.tripod.com/ and his email is [email protected] . He does very nice work.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:55 AM
cdwhocd

theres a dude in my area that does awsome bodies im not possitive if he does for people not in area but i dont see why he wouldnt here is his site ..http://worldofozz.com/nemo/index.html here link to pics http://worldofozz.com/nemo/gallery.html
Old 09-07-2004, 11:04 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

dude-
dont be a chicken. read what i sent you. you can do it
he's right... you gotta **** up in order to get better... that's how I learned [&:]
Old 09-08-2004, 12:39 AM
airforceone

I would be all over it if I could. I live in military dorms, so painting and spraying aren't exactly allowed. That's why I took up RC instead of static modeling. Also, there is member here who is doing some custom work for me on a Tamyia hardshell but I've lost his email. I don't quite remember his screen name either... His avatar (used to be?) an older hot rod type car with tiger stripe graphics, I can't find him though. This deal has been a year in the making as well. Getting sent to the desert really complicates things.[&:]
Old 09-08-2004, 01:03 AM
RC Jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: airforceone

Any painter for hire post here? I've got two projects for ya', both pretty simple.[8D] I suck at spraying on lexan, so I need a good person to do me up the HPI Hummer H2 and Chevy Silverado (both MT versions).
Try this guy, he's doing a new body for my truck, PIE WAGON: [email protected] This guy will work with you and do mock-ups on his 'puter so you'll see what it looks like firsthand before he commits nimself to painting. Tell him Robert, the guy with PIE WAGON sent you.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:12 AM
rebinc

I agree with pputkowski, rebinc is pretty good. He'll do anything you'd ask. He has the site at [link=http://rebinc.tripod.com/rc.html]rebinc.tripod.com/rc.html[/link]. You can buy them from that site too.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:25 AM
TikiKustoms

AirForceOne, here are some pics of your body you were talking about... email me when you get back from the desert so i can send you it.
drew
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19895.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	179302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58155.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	179303