Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

Automotive Paint in Hobby Airbrush System?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Automotive Paint in Hobby Airbrush System?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:18 AM
aaron2u
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automotive Paint in Hobby Airbrush System?

Hey guys and gals... Quick question. Is it possible to spray & clean out automotive grade paint from a hobby airbrush system? I'd like to be able to justify buying a setup with all the excuses and examples that would make it easier to persuede the wife.[:-]

Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:03 AM
dakamat

Default RE: Automotive Paint in Hobby Airbrush System?

No problems, their's no specific hobby airbrush. A airbrush is a airbrush. The guys who paint motorcycle tank use the same airbrush that him who paint r/c body.
Just one thing, try to buy a Iwata or Badger airbrush. I've a Iwata Eclipse HP-CS and a Badger 360 and i paint r/c car with Parma Fascolor and i paint motorcycle helmet with urethane automotive paint. Just take the proper cleaner for both paint. For acrylic paint like Fascolor, use windex and water to clean your gun and with automotive paint, take the right cleanner.
The only down side of use urethane paint in your gun is the life of the internal o-ring will be reduce.

Good luck with your wife[sm=bananahead.gif]

This F-350 supercrew cab for my Monster GT is paint with Faskolor and Createx Auto-Air paint and a Iwata eclipse HP-CS gun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25584.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	208340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35737.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	208341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92301.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	208342  
Old 01-01-2005, 01:38 PM
aaron2u
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the reply.
I'll be checking prices today. This seems like a fun investment! One more question though.
The o-ring you mentioned? Are they replaceable, or do you have to purchase a new gun?
Old 01-01-2005, 02:06 PM
69 GTO

The o-rings in airbrushes are replaceable.

I use an Iwata revolution airbrush and have been really happy with that airbrush for the past 2 years. Cost about $70 at most hobby shops but i have seen it for as low as $59 through some mail order places. Its a gravity feed cup and works very nicely.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:11 AM
oreo1118

SAME HERE I GOT 2 ECLIPSE 7 PAASCHES AND LOVE THEM THATS HOW I PAINT MY CARS! ILL POST SOME PIC TOMORROW OF A PINK SALEEN I DID![8D]