Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Wanna start Painting

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:41 PM
travis28379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanna start Painting

Ok i think i know the compressor and all that i want but any ways i need a AIRBRUSH now !! whats a nice airbrush i was looking at the hobbico ones but i dont know if those are good or not..... whats a nice airbrush to get....

}{unter
Old 01-13-2005, 02:25 PM
69 GTO

Iwata revolution or Eclipe are two of the nicer ones IMO. I have the revolution and like it better than any brush i have owned so far. go to Iwata.com and check them out. there around $60-70 online but i've seen them for around $50-60 in the magazines.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:46 PM
icenutz

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have painted about 5 bodies so far and have a Paasche Millennium 2 airbrush, duel action.

I am always looking to do more and advance my skills (if I have any). I have another question, when painting thin lines (pencil point or maybe a little larger) with Parma paints, I know to use the smallest tips (#1 on the Paasche airbrush) but what pressure do you spray at? Thanks for any advice on this.

Here are a couple recent bodies I have done, more in my gallery.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93313.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	214807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24340.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	214808  
Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
}{unter

wow ice thems some nice art work...... i wanna be able to paint like that im ordering parts for my revo to get it rdy for summer so i havent really had the money for a airbrush and compressor yet but im getting there just spent 30 more dollars tonight on FOC and Close ratio.....

Doing it steps at the time.....

Im still in school and i have a truck payment each month ....

i work at a minimum paying job and take that check for my truck and i own my own business working and building computers and i spend that on my hobby and gas to ride on ect..... (make a lot at my business but you guys no this hobby is a little expensive )

}{unter
Old 01-13-2005, 11:10 PM
B.T.D.T.

SilentWolv,

I just pulled out my bottle of FasGlow from the draw and it did not glow. I shined a light to the paint and later remove it and it started to glow.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:56 AM
}{unter

Thx all of you guys that helped me on this tread you have been very helpful....

one more question ...... What would be the best airbrush to get from tower hobbies.... and the acessiors i need

}{unter
Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 AM
B.T.D.T.

Tower offers two sets of the VL (go with the double action type)

I have this one from way back.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDD38&P=0
I use the larger bottle to flush the airbrush.

This set did not show to have any additional tips or needles. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDD43&P=0

I use Faskolor paint. I also brought this adapter set to spray right from the bottle. No wasted paint being left in spray bottle.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZR30&P=0

Compressor of your choice (I recommend one with a tank) I would go to HomeDepot, home center or Sears for a compressor. It's cheaper but it's larger in size than the ones offer from the air brush companies unless you need a quiet one to operate in a studio or a shopping mall. An air regulator should come with the compressor if not get one.

You can use the air compressor to clean your car also.

It's recommended that you use an air moisture trap inline to the airbrush.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ap&FVPROFIL=++
Or from the store where you brought your compressor