Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Spazstix chrome backing question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 07:11 PM
allen0622

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spazstix chrome backing question

I don't own an airbrush, and I know that at least with the Spazstix chrome you need to back it with a water-based backing. Spazstix doesn't offer one in an aerosol(rattlecan) can. Does anyone know of a rattlecan alternative or if there is a water-based backing even available in a rattlecan? I have a big Tower Hobbies order I'm putting in tomorrow so hopefully any suggestions are available there.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:50 PM
SilentWolv

Default RE: Spazstix chrome backing question

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass here, but put a paasche VL airbrush on your Tower order. Just because I enjoy painting so much, and hope you would too. (I don't know of a water-base aerosol can, maybe because its thicker paint)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 PM
allen0622

ok, smarty[sm=punching.gif] hehe, I really do want an airbrush, but I live in a second floor apartment and it's not really all that big, and my girl already complains about all my nitro rc crap all over the place, plus I just got a Revo 2 weeks ago and that didn't help matters any. But I am buying a house next fall and I plan to get a nice big compressor so I can use it for air tools among other things. But for now I'm rattlin away. I do love to paint though. Thanks for the airbrush model recommendation I'll keep it in mind when it's time.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:13 AM
SilentWolv

Cool. Thanks for not taking that the wrong way <G>. [link=http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@2024635695.1114769254@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccedaddehkjhelfcgelceffdfgidgmk.0&MID=9876]Husky[/link] @ home depot makes a good portable compressor, (don't think it'd be good for something like auto body though), but I know what you mean about space. My wife complains that I "run her out" of the hobby room because my RC takes up a 4x8 table. Every time I clear her off a spot it seems to get filled up.

edit: eh, Home Depot screwed me on the link. Go to [link]http://www.homedepot.com[/link] and do a search for Husky air compressor.