Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Airbrush? paintbrush?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:22 PM
BugattiFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbrush? paintbrush?

im not much into painting car bodies, but i just bought a 120$ plastic model (http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=12029) from my lhs, and i was wondering that maybe someone here can tell me if an airbrush is worth it, or, whether i should just buy the paint and paintbrush most of it, except i would spray the cover body.... If you think an airbrush is worth it, please suggest one, dont get off topic plzplzplz....
Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airbrush? paintbrush?

Yeah, airbrushes are worth it, but they are a little expensive, with the air compressors and what-not. Paasche makes good airbrushes. Heres a link to one on Tower: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDD38&P=ML
Old 09-08-2005, 08:20 PM
BugattiFreak

that looks pretty good, that come with the air compressor and everything? also, im looking inside the instruction manuel, do you know what they might mean when they give the paint code x-10:2+x-10:3? x-10 is gun metal. does n e one know what that means? it dosnt say in the instruction manuel...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:24 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it doesnt come with the air compressor, you need to buy that separately. Here's the one Tower suggests.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDD72&P=V
Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 PM
BugattiFreak

thanks for the info, but do you know what they mean by x-10:2+x-10:3? x-10 is gun metal. if it says x-10, that just means paint it gun metal, but i have no clue if they mean to mix it or what...
Old 09-16-2005, 01:37 PM
nitro graphics

those are the model manufactures paint codes for there paint go to there web site that might help