Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

POST YOUR WORKS HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 AM
lee172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POST YOUR WORKS HERE!

i prefered the earlier works, the statue was awesome, maybe you could do some art with George W as a devil?!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:29 PM
RURC

That is quite a statement to cover that, no matter how you shake it, is a crappy way to represent the Statue of Liberty. It dose not matter if I am closed minded or stupid like you tried to indicate the fact is still the fact. It is too bad that you think so low of your self that you just paint what you are told. You cannot stand up and say "that is inappropreate, I wont do it'. I do when I am approached to do something I think is not the right thing to do, I don't care how much they pay. My personal morality and feelings on a subject cannot be bought. I am not saying I am better than anybody but I evidently have a higher price than you. I said something nice because I really think you are very talented. I am simple I don't mince words. If I thought your work was junk I would have said that. But I do not. I wish I had the ability that you have. I am an engineer I have been asked to design large scale missiles and the like and it is not something I want that responsibility for. You should really try to reach higher not bow to the lowest common denominator. This is not a judgment like a prejudgment based on color. If you did not believe that it was ok you would not do it. Unless you just prostitute your self to the dollar. Them you belong out there in California where most people do just that. I left because the place was turning into someplace I would not want to raise children in. Just look at what happens both politically and socially there. There are some people in charge that have no since of personal responsibility and values. I did not turn this political you did by posting the deformed impression a notional monument.

I assure you that people do not do this in my back yard. I know my neighbors and my neighborhood. It may happen in another city close to me but not in my back yard. This is what happens when you go out and know those around you and all gather to celebrate what we all have in common. Individuality is great but not at the cost of your integrity.

I have friends that are Sioux, Apache, Seminole, Navajo, and Crow. So my "heritage" is beyond your simple understanding. We are all here and times have done what they have done. I don't blame you you cannot blame me. Try working to make things batter not tear down what surrounds us.

I think we have gotten off on the wrong foot here. Just because I don't like everything you do dose not mean that I cannot like the ones I do like. The problem with America is the we have lost the commonality and strive on the individual. I do like your work and just to let you know I studied art at The Ringling School of Art and Design. http://www.ringling.edu/

Give them a look over. They have some lovely work there.

I really like the Samurai one. You are very talented.

Lee172 now that is stupid. I am sure your parents are proud that they raised a Nevel Chamberlain wannabe.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
lee172

rather that than a patriotic idiot..

i cant believe you stick up for George W, Saddam recently got hung for mass murder, yet ol' George gets away with it, day after day..
Old 01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
RURC

ORIGINAL: lee172

i cant believe you stick up for George W, Saddam recently got hung for mass murder, yet ol' George gets away with it, day after day..
You have a PM.

To the others I have asked that we take this banter off the forum and to the PM world, unless everybody wants to hear this.

I still say the art work from RGX Blade is very good I just dont like the referance on the statue.

I am aware that all in California are not card carrying members of the 'fruit and nut' crowd. I should not lump like that.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 PM
calvin33

ORIGINAL: lee172

3000+ and growing daily.
[&o]

Nice work RGX even the Statue. You go by hgcolors?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:21 PM
RURC

ORIGINAL: calvin33

3000+ and growing daily.
[&o]
That is over a 4 year period. We lost over 10,000 in one day at Normandy. There were also 26,000 casualties at Iwo Jema. There were 43,443 people killed on the highways last year. There are about 20 people killed each day in America by illegal immagrants. That is nore in one year than what has happened in Iraq. They murdered 3000 people in an attack on our own soil in 2001, or have you forgotton? When I say they I am refeering to Muslem extreemists, terriosts, al kedia, hezbollah, what ever they are called. Weather Sunni or Shiiets or what ever if all they want to do is kill Americans and Jews then they will need to be delt with. You cannot negoicate with those that want to do nothing but kill you, just ask Nevel Chamberlin. You should study history, you will learn something.

At this point you need to let it rest. I have tried and am giving you another chance to drop it.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 PM
calvin33

I don't want a big post to get deleted so I'll bite my tounge.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:20 AM
infernox

that ae86 jap style is the most beuatifull body i have ever seen.

did you know most of it was handpainted? it actually won body of the month on alot of forums!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:26 AM
jonmills

RGX Blade - sick mate.....id love to paint like that someday....how long have you been painting for?
also, do you have a website?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:42 AM
RGX Blade

you know just by posting this, probally made you the most contradictive Moron on the planet...???

"We are all here and times have done what they have done. I don't blame you you cannot blame me. Try working to make things batter not tear down what surrounds us."
RURC

just that alone you say everyone in California is the way the are because were here and you decided to be "Coward" and run... and to say i prostatue myself...???
wow?? i really thought you may be somewhat "Inteligent" but you proved me wrong....????
you may have "Friends" that are Native americans...( and i use that Losely Friends)
but your not one of them you not even close....because no matter the Argumet...your still a "Closed Minded Individual"....

and i believe "Lee" was making a fun comment...not for some one like you to bash him...
that was wrong...
i do what i am able to do because i can do it....not because i am told to.......
no one can tell me what to do....
you can try and sound educated but your really not smart...???
you totaly lack the "Human Thing" i kinda feel sorry for you....????
must be hard to be like you are....???
always trying to be more than you can never become?? only able to fit in your Bounderies only to know what you learned unable to expand and create? to copy and go from an "Existing Idea"
if anything your more a "Puppet" than most....because unlike the rest of us here...
were having a good time and enjoying everything here...instead of "breaking it down" to try and figure out why it was done....
well you know what they say about people like you....
"Misery Loves Company"....
how bout it is done looks great....instead of capping on someone because there from Cali. and trying to make an excuse for yourself because you "Could Not Cut It"....so you say we have to do as were told....??? doesn't make sence...????
never been "Arogant" like you ...me i am more Humble.....the rest of us here have nothing to prove...but you .....you are a person that needs "Attention" and the Metophor
"In your Back Yard" Duh!! yea, no mattter where "You Live" no matter where you think you can "Hide" it happens everywhere even in the places where people like you think it can't happen....never say never...
i lived just about everywhere......all the same..."Home" is what you make of it....
people like you pick up and go because there "Told To" like ....well probally like yourself...???
for the JOB.......or did they not have that in "California" or did you have to leave for the "Job"?

and to everyone else reading this you know what i mean, no offense to anyone else but this
Yo-Yo has it comming.....
no matter how you cut it you ragged on everyone to those in california good people and yes there are bad...just like where you live...AND on everyone in any state! you ragged on Everyone......
"Out Side Your Frame Of Mind" which goes beyond states....everyone else should be Offended by people like you???

and so you did not like the Statue of Liberty....ok, so keep it to yourself...???
ask any of us here if we care...???
you know you mentioned "People Like Me" i use that by the way you mentioned "Me" in general...
i ask, so Why did you become and Engineer...???? be honest...(this out'a be good?)
was it the Money.....no...??? it could not be that right....??? that would make you a "prostitue" for the MONEY like the rest of us...HahahHahhah ....

"Working" to do the Job, Correct..???? being told "WHAT TO DO"....
so it could not be that now could it..??...thats right your better than all of us...????
ok, so we'll scratch that one...??? let me think...??

Ah, got it...you became one for the the joy of creating ...!!! and you do this from the Kindness of your heart and "Dont need Money" had a Rich daddy to support you in your Endevor to to become what you are...???........no couldnt be that??? could it...???
Oh wait, your a Self Employed engineer working from Home ?? and you dont need to answer to anyone.....Booo-Hoo........
guess what Pongo....
i do not care who or what you are...."everyone" answers to someone....
even if your one's own boss....your No better than anyone....if you feel not doing something is not right for a "Contractor" you wont do it...and someone "Else" will, and make the money to "Feed" and care for there Famly to make sure they have a Good houseHold...
or do you pick and choose you "Jobs"......
even one that may be self employed can only make so many choices before how did you say ...
"Prosituting" them selfs out to do "Work"......hey theres that word again...."Work"....
no one likes a Spoiled smart A@@ pongo......
and if you do work for someone? guesswhat if you can't or wont do the work?
guess what your A@@ gets Fired....fact of life...you not that good.....
your Replaceable.......always no matter how you think you that good.
and there is "Always someone Better"....same for me...i am good....but there is always someone better....same as i teach this fine art to those willing to learn...

I own 2 compaines that are doing very well, so do i prositute myself out because of this?
....but guess what even though i am the CEO guess what ,i have to answer to someone??? yup you got it ...the "Paying Customers" !!! what a concept !!

"Wha...?? "What's that you do not have to...?????"
then how do you find work...???......do you even work...???
or are you so rich you have no bills?
or is it the rich Daddy Syndrome...????....
wha'da do all day lay around all day and count checks.....????

if your none of the Above....welcome to the Human Race...with the rest of "Us Prositutes" working to fullful all of our lives to make our worlds a better place for ourselves and our families...
if ya have a family chances are you, here's that word again!!! "Work" for a "LIVING"!!
and an even bigger question.....
do you even race???? or fly....????
cause i have to wonder?? do you go around "Correcting everyones ways and Ideals"
man i can see if someone had a paint job or a car in a pit you did not like...???
i can see that conversation....????

RURC:
(walking to someones pit)
Hi, nice paint job but i don't Appreciate the way you have the Statue of Libety on your car?

Driver:
Uhh, Er?....ok, thanks glade you liked it...???
well i am sure there are many other paint jobs on other cars you may like?

RURC:
well seeing how your from ("Fill in blank of state your in") i can see how you would be like how you are?

now for the rest of us we probally do not even need to fill in the rest of the story???
can only imagine the Choice but maybe friendly words the "Driver" may have...???

man do you talk to your friends like that??
capping on them if they have something you do not like???
feel sorry for ya man.....ya need to get a clue ???
get out enjoy life with the rest of us.....have some fun.....
ya know Pongo....i paint alot of things i may or may not like....but what makes me more the person than you can ever hope to be is i do it because someone likes it....
i do it for "Them"....the can not do it....i Have that "Talent" to be able to put what they "See" on somthing they can "Physicaly Hold".....
and no matter how you "TRY" and come back to this posting your still a "Coward"
hiding behind a screen to justify your words about the ways others can or can not live in your standards....because there is something you can't handle..and or like....
only a "Coward" offended can make a good come back to justify saying your better because your ways and Ideals are better because it is a better place...not because your a better person.....
better person....no your not....i know and have seen better people that have nothing....
that have made differences in many places with out saying well can see how you are by your representation of what you have done from "One" posting.......
no one likes a "Spoiled Smart A@@"....and if your Not Offended good?? then leave it lay? shut up and go away....????
go play in your own Sand box....we'll be over here playing in ours...????
and if you like to play nice.....well then let me be the first and say please do come on over "Welcome"
but over all with your comments you pretty much owe many people from many different states an Apology....i dont care if from Ohio,Mass, Utah, Ok maybe not Utah...(just kidding) i can say that cause i am joking....but anyplace really you owe many an apology......
and most of the Good people be it Immagrants or Citizens that work "Hard" to be able to do what they do.......wanna play nice???
like i said may i be the first to say welcome....
wanna be a Jerk to people let me show ya the door...lot of good people here looking for help and answers.....not some jerk looking to bring them down if they like something...
cause what if that had been some kids "First rendering" not that it was? but then some Bozo like yourself blows it all out of the water because it is the Statue of Liberty???
dang i just thought of something you probally rate your kids drawings and say well it is very good but you know this is not "Politicaly Correct"........LOL.....
peace out Pongo.........
Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
RURC

I have no problem responding to you but like I said I think this would be best served in the PM area. The others here I am sure dont need to hear you drop to the lowest form on communication and that is the name calling. I have not resorted to calling you names. It is a shame that you cannot accept the olive branch as was offered. You let your feelings get the better of you. If you wish a real discussion of issues then by all means we can. In any event you are a very tallented artist. On the coward thing, it is 'cowards' like me that have keept this country safe for brave souls like you. One old Marine to what ever your background is.

To the others on this thread I am sorry for this. I have tried to get him to take this off thread but he just dose not want to because he needs the attention. I will not be responding to him further in this thread.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
rageworks

WOW!! There goes another r/c pictures thread.
Why can't there just be soms nice photos and
no B/S?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 AM
HONDAMX

Heres a body that I painted for the stampede.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:24 PM
scott34491

Here's a picture of my premier 4. This was my first paint job. I had a couple of problems with the paint masks but o well. I'll post more when I get my Gators stickers on it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26878.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	629906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51933.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	629907  
Old 02-28-2007, 03:55 AM
RGX Blade

ORIGINAL: jonmills

RGX Blade - sick mate.....id love to paint like that someday....how long have you been painting for?
also, do you have a website?

sorry , been away for a bit.....
racing and all......
painting??? about 27+ years...?? since was a kid....
a site ...sure.....this is our R/C Division...it's seporate for our Automotive division....
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
holinger91

some questions:

how much of the body do you paint on the outside and how much on inside?
how do you know when to do which (inside or out)
when i use my airbrush, not much paint comes out....is there a way to adjust to let more paint flow through?
i have americana acrylic paints...how much water should i put in for thinning per ____ unit?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 AM
RGX Blade

well here is the cool thing.....
there really is no right or wrong..you can paint on the outside,only thing it will come off if you scrape on something....the usual Norm is to paint the "Inside" keeping the paint Intact from scratches etc......

for the paint make sure your using the correct thinner for the paint you'll be using
some Enamels will need certian thinners...
on "Average" most mix ratios for most styles of airbrushes is a 1:1 ratio....some pactra flouresents will be a 2:1 ratio....(2 parts paint,one part thinner)
ployeurathnes are the same....
also if the manufacture of the paints mentions to use certian thinners do use them....
if they mention to use water do so....
for pressure on the line.......
25 to 35 psi is the norm......
i do hope some of this can help.....let me know....
Old 03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
123abcd
Banned

how do u guys make the carbon fiber look on ur car? cuz i think ima try to mak a carbon fiber look on my hood.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:50 AM
mugenx

im not sure about painting carbon fibre, but u can get a sheet of carbon fibre decal, and cut it.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
dayle31

my shell, with neons. please post your opinions!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76149.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	637278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52045.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	637279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36926.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	637280  
Old 03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Anthoop

The style is not my cup of tea mate but it does look like a nice job,well done.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:52 AM
RGX Blade

now that is COOL !!!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
fugadude

Not totally happy with it, but it's OK.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Mr2.4T

Here my first somewhat custom job in over 10 years. Excuse the date coding. I forgot to turn it off.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:58 AM
nitro _ burner

jeesh you guys are awsome at painting.

i dont suppose if i sent a body to one of you guys you could paint me a sik design?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.