Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

If painting a 2 tone paint job, would you put the lighter color on top or bottom?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies
View Poll Results: A poll
Red on Top
70.27%
Black on Top
29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

If painting a 2 tone paint job, would you put the lighter color on top or bottom?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
RCsHPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If painting a 2 tone paint job, would you put the lighter color on top or bottom?

Hey everyone

Im getting ready to paint another body, im planning on doing a 2 tone paint job

Im using a dark red and black for my 2 colors

would yall put the red on top or bottom

i think it would look good either way but want some opinions 1st

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:49 AM
RCsHPI

Default RE: If painting a 2 tone paint job, would you put the lighter color on top or bottom?

dang people

38 people looked at this thread AND NOT 1 can push a little button up top RED OR BLACK [:@]

I mean the title of this thread is pretty much self explanitory so why did yall even look in the thread if you cant help a guy out

"IF PAITING A 2 TONE PAINT JOB, WOULD YOU PUT THE LIGHTER COLOR ON TOP OR BOTTOM?"

DOESNT MAKE SENSE..im not asking a dumb question, I just wanted other peoples opinions on what they would do
Old 10-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Man

Default RE: If painting a 2 tone paint job, would you put the lighter color on top or bottom?

I would first spray your black, then the red and back that with silver or white...
Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 PM
RCsHPI

HEY HUMMER MAN

I know you

thanks again for the help!!
Old 10-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Hummer Man

You know me?!
Old 11-26-2005, 09:30 PM
ArizonaRCaddict

Well if your doing it with masks put the mask on and then paint it black and then take the mask off and paint it red and then if you want to back it with white take the mask and some XXX main mask and cut around the flame so there is a full sheet of XXX main mask and a flame cut out in the middle and put that around the area of where you painted red and then paint it white.

I hope this helps, I am really confusing.