Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

Krylon clear as overcoat for Faskolor???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Krylon clear as overcoat for Faskolor???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 AM
nk1851
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Krylon clear as overcoat for Faskolor???

Somewhere I think I remember reading that Krylon clear is a good choice for an overcoat to protect Faskolor from chipping and peeling.
Does anyone have this experience? Or a better choice?
Thanks
Old 11-21-2005, 08:16 AM
WhoMe

Default RE: Krylon clear as overcoat for Faskolor???

Ive never tried Krylon but id be worried about that interacting with the faskcolor is some odd way...like melting it or somthing lol. Anyway what I have used and liked very much is Faskcoat from Faskcolor. Its this pink milky like substance that dries on smooth and does a great job of protecting the paint.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
nk1851
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Krylon clear as overcoat for Faskolor???

Thank you.
I did try the Krylon and saw some "bubbling/melting". But I believe it was the result of too heavy a coat of Krylon. It appears that the places where I sprayed very lightly, and let dry between coats, there was no "bubbling".